A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Same 13 have gone down to Southampton. Personally I cannot see any change in fortune unless some key players get their act together. We are weak in both bowling and batting on current form so the quoted odds of 4/9 for a Hants win doesn't seem unreasonable.
By glamman
Hampshire look like doing us a favour tonight. Pretty average batting display although will have to see how we fair on a tricky wicket.
By glamman
Looks like 129 might be too many. We have had some poor performances this season but it keeps getting worse. Even the extra commentator that has come in seems to know next to nothing about cricket.
By Noony18
This is getting embarrassing. If they were an animal they would be put down to end the suffering. Ingram needs to fall on his sword. The overseas guy needs to be sent back. Play the 2XI. Cant do any worse than these bunch of clowns
By Noony18
Still they have bettered 44 . Perhaps they should start a 10/10 competition just for Glam, that's about the limit of overs they can cope with :doh:
By glamman
Complete mystery why Wagg does not bat ahead of Lawlor, Douthwaite and De Lange.
By Vetchetarian
I don't have much interest in this T20 nonsense, but Glam seem totally illequipped to compete in the format. Another humiliating defeat. The only positive I can see is that Glam can't be beaten by an innings. They can't, can they ? :) :)
By djronnieb65
Glamorgan bowled and fielded well to restrict Hants to 128
They also knew what the wicket was like
So we go in to to score a modest total on a wicket we knew was difficult
So why did we bat like club cricketers
This to me was another shambles of a performance and why isn’t Ingram leading the way as captain
It seems like he plays too much cricket and he’s worn out come the summer
Zaman I’m very unsure about but he’s another who should be leadin the way but is not
I would bring back Meschede to open as a pinch hitter again and I would not be playing two all rounders
It has to be Douthwaite or Wragg not both
Only having 2 front line bowlers playing don’t help
We need Hogan and TDV back ASAP
The main worry is the batting
Lloyd is playing well and I would consider Cooke up the order
And of course our both overseas players are both failing that don’t help
We will be very lucky to finish in the top 4 unless we win the next four games
By Noony18
Top 4 mate are you having a laugh. They will be lucky to win a game, still we have test cricket who gives a xxxx about the cricket team hey!! 2,000 people look awful in this new stadium.. soon it will the proverbial one man and his dog for 20/20 games. Maybe they should charge half price for admission because the game is over after one innings whether glam bat or bowl!
Oh for the days of sophia gardens with a decent team in a small compact ground that we could fill.
Glamorgan need to look back to 1993 when they tried to represent the whole country and got loads of new supporters on the back of their country wide tour.
Vetchetarian liked this
By Vetchetarian
Noony18 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:34 pm Top 4 mate are you having a laugh. They will be lucky to win a game, still we have test cricket who gives a xxxx about the cricket team hey!! 2,000 people look awful in this new stadium.. soon it will the proverbial one man and his dog for 20/20 games. Maybe they should charge half price for admission because the game is over after one innings whether glam bat or bowl!
Oh for the days of sophia gardens with a decent team in a small compact ground that we could fill.
Glamorgan need to look back to 1993 when they tried to represent the whole country and got loads of new supporters on the back of their country wide tour.
I fail to see why some of these T20 matches cannot be taken out of Cardiff.

1993. Those were the days. We had a Club to be proud of, and it really did represent the entire country. Now it's really just a Cardiff team.
By glamman
No good having a very expensive stadium if you don't use it - the more important question to ask is why waste so much money on the stadium?
By Ger27
Crowds...

There will barely be a crowd for any Glammy game next season.

Most people only have the appetite for attending a handful of cricket game each year. Tickets for the Fire team will be dirt cheap to make the place look full on TV. With the Fire having decent players and this team not looking to great in T20, I fear it will be an easy decision for the casual cricket fan as to who they go and watch.

Players...

Wagg and de Lange out of contract in 2 months. Is it time to drop them for the remaining T20s to give younger players a bit of experience?
Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

T20 signing for 2020

Nabi back for Kent next season for the Blast - bri[…]

The first two players released

Lawlor and Szymanski deemed surplus to requirement[…]

Maynard new 3 year deal

Maynard staying on as coach. Matthew Maynard: Gl[…]