A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By exileKT8
Yes agree with the description Glamorgan great.

Nash and Cordle were pretty much the opening bowlers when I started following Glammy so he would have been part of the 68 Champions as well as the Australia win. He then shouldered a big burden in the 70s when Glammy`s fortunes declined. For someone who will unfortunately remembered for Sobers 6 x 6 I remember him being a consistently economical 1 day bowler. He was central in getting us to Lords in 77 and was an entertaining hitter himself.
Vetchetarian liked this
By Vetchetarian
I loved Nash, he was a terrific cricketer, and it is unfortunate that he is only really remembered for the Sobers 6 sixes at Swansea. But he was far better than that.

In retirement he opened a Sports Shop in Sketty, and I bought my one and only jogging suit from there. I like to think that he served me, but I'm not sure. :)

Glam had some fine bowlers in his day, Cordle, Williams, Wheatley, Jeff Jones, spring to mind.

Mike Brearley often described Nash as being one of the most formidable quicks he had ever faced. On his day, he was unplayable.
By TWrex
Certainly there was a lot more than that over to Malcolm Nash, but he dealt with it positively & with good humour. From afar he seemed to be quite a character, a Glamorgan favourite & popular around the circuit.
By johnwales
The six sixes saga was part of a plan to set up a target, and not an issue that reflected on Malcolm Nash's ability. In fact he could well have played for England in later decades. He will be sadly missed .
Kent

Nick Webb has reported that Carlson has replaced M[…]

2nd XI

Absolutely pathetic from the Glamorgan media that […]

Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]