A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By exileKT8
Likely wins for Gloucs, Northants and Durham and our likely defeat will put us 5th at the end of the week.
By johnwales
Not looking too good at the moment.. Three guys need to make a century each second time round to make a game of it.
By Welwyn
On the plus side, Australia don't have a Test Series planned between April & September until a series against Sri Lanka in June 2022!

Sign Marnus up on a 2-year deal. NOW!
By exileKT8
Interesting Welwyn, hopefully that stays the same and Cricket Australia grant his release.
By glamman
Labuschagne top scoring for Queensland as they chase down 305 against NSW. Hemphrey not playing.

Apparently he is the brother of Pieter Labuschagne.
By glamman
Congratulations to Neil Brand who has just gone to a century batting at 3 for the Titans today in their opening 4 day game.
By glamman
The BBC website says "Glamorgan have also offered a new deal to star Australian batsman Labuschagne." The big question is whether he will take it. :yes:
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:56 pm The BBC website says "Glamorgan have also offered a new deal to star Australian batsman Labuschagne." The big question is whether he will take it. :yes:
An even bigger question is - why would he want to return to a team that will probably struggle again ?

He will surely receive offers from Div. 1 teams.

Glam missed the chance of getting promotion by fixing something that wasn't broken.
By psychocandy
glamman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:56 pm The BBC website says "Glamorgan have also offered a new deal to star Australian batsman Labuschagne." The big question is whether he will take it. :yes:
However much money he wants give it to him. His batting was worth 3 or 4 places int he table last year.
By Vetchetarian
psychocandy wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:50 am
However much money he wants give it to him. His batting was worth 3 or 4 places int he table last year.
He did contribute massively in the Championship, and helped keep Glam out of the bottom two, but will he repeat that kind of form next season were he to return ?

I'm not sure the Club should empty their coffers for any one player though. That's tempting providence.

I suspect it's all moot anyway, as he will surely join a top team.
By hujon64
Like everyone else, I am waiting with baited breath for a decision re Labuschagne. Would seem ‘unfair’ if, having given him every opportunity last year, he was chosen for the Australian team on the back of this and now goes elsewhere for money. I am sure playing for Australia has vast rewards and agents seem to get the best deals for their clients but there must be some players who stay loyal, especially if they have gelled with the management, team, fans, etc. Close to home, think of Maynard, Croft, Cosker, Morris, Wallace who must have been offered much more lucrative deals but stayed loyal without the massive salaries and enticements offered elsewhere. Surely, there will be an announcement soon - would be a good Christmas present for the fans!
By exileKT8
Nice thought hujon that loyalty still exists, hopefully more so in Cricket than Football.

Where else would ML go and it has been pointed out on here that at the moment Australian Test players are pretty free next summer and Lyon has gone to Hants. Surrey have Amla, MIddx are after a 4 day overseas bat but BBC says they are looking at Handscomb, let`s hope so as ML would be a better option. Last year Middx put their money into T20.

That`s 3 big spenders who might not want him, of course there are others inc Lancs and Warks.

Congratulations and Good Luck to MM.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]