A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By exileKT8
Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear we won` t see Labuschange again this season. Time for MM and HM to make sure Plan B in place for the remaining Championship games.
By exileKT8
As usual my posting puts the mockers on him. Still seems to be the standout batter thus far. Doesn`t look as though the Aussies will get much time in the middle at this rate, presumably they had an input into the pitch.
By Blowers
Any news on Visa for our overseas player, all the other county's have international stars bar GLAMMY.
By glamman
Labuschagne top scores in the 1st innings and Marsh top scores for team 2.
By Ger27
If we lose tonight, is there any point in replacing M.Marsh? Save the cash and use it to get a spinner on loan for September?!
By glamman
Ger27 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:17 pm If we lose tonight, is there any point in replacing M.Marsh? Save the cash and use it to get a spinner on loan for September?!
Shaun Marsh contracted already and assume he will be fit by then.
By Ger27
glamman wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:47 pm
Ger27 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:17 pm If we lose tonight, is there any point in replacing M.Marsh? Save the cash and use it to get a spinner on loan for September?!
I know. My point is that we save money by not replacing M.Marsh for the T20 and use it to loan a spinner from another county for September.
By glamman
Ger27 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:53 pm
glamman wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:47 pm
I know. My point is that we save money by not replacing M.Marsh for the T20 and use it to loan a spinner from another county for September.
Sorry - thoguht you meant another overseas. The problem will be that there aren't that many spinners who you would want to bring in and those you might want will be kept by their own county.You only have to look at the issues England have selecting a spinner. Other than Somerset the pitches have not favoured spinners and the only other ones who have had an effect in county cricket are overseas.
By glamman
Shaun Marsh available for Sunday's game and Zaman to play three additional games. Cannot really expect too much from Marsh given he has not played for a couple of months and must still be a bit stiff.
By Nick_Glam
Hopefully we can recover a little confidence and Marsh can get his eye in before the important games start again. :)
By Ger27
Samit Patel is that man. Good news!
By glamman
Ger27 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 am
Shame that Bull is not thought fit enough. Obviously Patel has the advantage of averaging 36 in 1st class cricket and Lancashire have a preponderance of right handed batsmen. Is Sisodiya not thought to have progressed enough having played a few games last year. We will need the likes of these players to have developed if we are to survive in Div 1.
By Noony18
You really see Glam going up. I see 5th or 6th place finish
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:21 am
Ger27 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:14 am
Shame that Bull is not thought fit enough. Obviously Patel has the advantage of averaging 36 in 1st class cricket and Lancashire have a preponderance of right handed batsmen. Is Sisodiya not thought to have progressed enough having played a few games last year. We will need the likes of these players to have developed if we are to survive in Div 1.
I admire your ambition. :lol
Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

I've seen this one on quite a few other forums and[…]

Glamorgan strategy

Just watched a film about Glamorgan's future strat[…]