A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Welwyn
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:24 pm Do not skimp on the bowling if you want to win games
Except, I don't think they are thinking that way in the Championship. With the start we have had & three going up, I think we will continue to see flatbeds and an attempt to try and draw our way to the top flight.
By glamman
It is a less balanced side if you select a batsman in place of a bowler. If Cooke comes in as a batsman then you should drop a batsman. I have no problem with that if Cooke is deemed a better batsman than Lloyd or Hemphrey but if you leave out Hemphrey you need someone to open.
By glamman
Welwyn wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:06 pm
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:24 pm Do not skimp on the bowling if you want to win games
Except, I don't think they are thinking that way in the Championship. With the start we have had & three going up, I think we will continue to see flatbeds and an attempt to try and draw our way to the top flight.
We'll need to win another two games to go up. Five draws won't do it.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:27 pm It is a less balanced side if you select a batsman in place of a bowler. If Cooke comes in as a batsman then you should drop a batsman. I have no problem with that if Cooke is deemed a better batsman than Lloyd or Hemphrey but if you leave out Hemphrey you need someone to open.
Which is exactly what we would be doing. Right from the first game this season we have played 6 batsmen plus a keeper. The only reason we didn't in the last game is because Hemphrey was unavailable.

Cooke would be taking the 6th batsman's place ahead of Carlson/Lawlor/Morris etc.
By Nick_Glam
Nick_Glam wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Which is exactly what we would be doing. Right from the first game this season we have played 6 batsmen plus a keeper. The only reason we didn't in the last game is because Hemphrey was unavailable.

Cooke would be taking the 6th batsman's place ahead of Carlson/Lawlor/Morris etc.
Whoops. I meant Morgan, of course.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:00 pm
Nick_Glam wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:59 pm

Whoops. I meant Morgan, of course.
You are correct. So Cooke for Douthwaite.
Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

T20 signing for 2020

Nabi back for Kent next season for the Blast - bri[…]

The first two players released

Lawlor and Szymanski deemed surplus to requirement[…]

Maynard new 3 year deal

Maynard staying on as coach. Matthew Maynard: Gl[…]