A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
Not enjoyable viewing this morning.

The pitch obviously not so easy to score on, but they still could have kept the scoreboard ticking over better than they did imo.
By glamman
A comfortable draw against a team playing in Division 1 last year.
I am thinking back to comments made earlier in the year about us being a "Division 3" side. I think we can claim now to be a serious contender for promotion although it is very tight in Division 2 with every county still in with a chance, down to Middx currently occupying the bottom spot - a place which a number of contributors saw us as being in. On the back of this, the atmosphere across the club is dramatically better and I am sure the potential to attract sponsorship is greater. The club has recently anbnounced it's plans to start repaying the money it owes so finances must remain problematic.

The success this season must be down in no small part to the work of Wallace and Maynard. The accusations of the coaching and management being an old boys club were pertinent but it seems to be working for the present and hopefully will continue into the future. The one concern is the fact that this success is secondary to some astute signings rather than the Development program. Of the XI who have played this week only Lloyd, Carey and Morgan have come through this system. It is great to see the success that Lloyd has made with the captaincy and that he was in the runs this week. Other players who have missed out through injury include Bull and Smith. Sadly Murphy has had to retire. Other players who are in consideration include Carlson, Lawlor, Sisodiya and Salter so hopefully we will see more of them through the rest of the season. However the transition from the Academy to our 1st team still seems a problem and hopefully is being looked at.

Labuschagne has been a great signing and it is a shame we only have him for one more game. Hopefully Marsh will take up the mantle. He only averaged 29 last year in the Championhsip so has some catching up to do to match Labuschagne's current figure of 70.

Am not sure how we will go in the T20 this year. Looks a strong team on paper based heavily on imported players. Likely that the number of Welsh contributors will again be very limited.
exileKT8 liked this
By Welwyn
glamman wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:26 pm
A comfortable draw against a team playing in Division 1 last year.
I am thinking back to comments made earlier in the year about us being a "Division 3" side. I think we can claim now to be a serious contender for promotion although it is very tight in Division 2 with every county still in with a chance, down to Middx currently occupying the bottom spot - a place which a number of contributors saw us as being in. On the back of this, the atmosphere across the club is dramatically better and I am sure the potential to attract sponsorship is greater. The club has recently anbnounced it's plans to start repaying the money it owes so finances must remain problematic.

The success this season must be down in no small part to the work of Wallace and Maynard. The accusations of the coaching and management being an old boys club were pertinent but it seems to be working for the present and hopefully will continue into the future. The one concern is the fact that this success is secondary to some astute signings rather than the Development program. Of the XI who have played this week only Lloyd, Carey and Morgan have come through this system. It is great to see the success that Lloyd has made with the captaincy and that he was in the runs this week. Other players who have missed out through injury include Bull and Smith. Sadly Murphy has had to retire. Other players who are in consideration include Carlson, Lawlor, Sisodiya and Salter so hopefully we will see more of them through the rest of the season. However the transition from the Academy to our 1st team still seems a problem and hopefully is being looked at.

Labuschagne has been a great signing and it is a shame we only have him for one more game. Hopefully Marsh will take up the mantle. He only averaged 29 last year in the Championhsip so has some catching up to do to match Labuschagne's current figure of 70.

Am not sure how we will go in the T20 this year. Looks a strong team on paper based heavily on imported players. Likely that the number of Welsh contributors will again be very limited.
Cummins has just fractured Shaun Marsh's arm so I don't know where we might go now.
By psychocandy
Marsh injured. Hope we're on the phone to Labuschagne this am before he sorts other plans....

I'd be happy for him to stay rather than marsh as it is.
By glamman
psychocandy wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 9:30 am
Marsh injured. Hope we're on the phone to Labuschagne this am before he sorts other plans....

Will surely be in Ashes squad
By Welwyn
glamman wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 pm
psychocandy wrote:

Does Shakib Al Hasan have a contract anywhere?
By psychocandy
glamman wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 1:16 pm
psychocandy wrote:

yes based on current excellent form.
By exileKT8
Welwyn - I`ve heard somewhere Shakib has been signed by Worcs.

Glamman - I still have hopes for Labuschagne from Glamorgan`s point of view. Bancroft has made runs without enjoying the feather pitches Labuschagne and all Glamorgan batsmen have enjoyed this season. Fantastic as Labuschagne has been for us, Div 2 attacks (except Anderson) are a world away from England`s test bowlers so I wouldn`t put too much weight on what he has done here this summer and go on previous form and reputation.
Vetchetarian liked this
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:28 pm

Glamman - I still have hopes for Labuschagne from Glamorgan`s point of view. Bancroft has made runs without enjoying the feather pitches Labuschagne and all Glamorgan batsmen have enjoyed this season. Fantastic as Labuschagne has been for us, Div 2 attacks (except Anderson) are a world away from England`s test bowlers so I wouldn`t put too much weight on what he has done here this summer and go on previous form and reputation.
As far as I am aware Labuschagne is the current Australian number 4.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:28 pm

Worcs have signed Guptill alongside Ferguson
By exileKT8
Glamman - thank you, duff info received on my part, looks like Shakib is off to play in the Canadian T20 in July.

If Labuschagne is the current Aussie Test No 4 that is worrying, I understood he was part of their last Test set up although I`m not sure their batting was altogether settled and Warner and Smith come into it now in addition.

The key question for us is that we have an overseas for the Championship games post T20, ideally Labuschagne because of his form and spin option. If they select him will Khawaja be available ?
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:03 pm
Glamman - thank you, duff info received on my part, looks like Shakib is off to play in the Canadian T20 in July.

If Labuschagne is the current Aussie Test No 4 that is worrying, I understood he was part of their last Test set up although I`m not sure their batting was altogether settled and Warner and Smith come into it now in addition.

The key question for us is that we have an overseas for the Championship games post T20, ideally Labuschagne because of his form and spin option. If they select him will Khawaja be available ?
Even if they are not in the starting XI I would expect them to be in the Ashes squad.
By Welwyn
Reckon the Australian batting will be:

Warner
One of Burns/Harris
Khawaja
Smith
Labuschagne
Head
Paine (c)(wk)
By Welwyn
exileKT8 wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:03 pm
Went looking for that and found. That's a great shame. Need to find a good bat that can trundle a few overs from somewhere then if we want to stay in the mix. That, in the Championship worries me even WITH Marsh. No Root to pick up Labs overs anymore.

Maybe that's why they have experimented with Salter opening in the 2nds. Maybe they were thinking of dropping Hemphrey when Marsh came in.
Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]