A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By JamesH
Glamorgan squad vs Worcestershire: Lloyd *, Selman, Morgan, Labuschagne, Root, Douthwaite, Cullen+, Wagg, Carey, vd Gugten, Hogan, Walker.

Dai Lange being rested, Hemphrey not playing as is wife is due to give birth next week. Word is that Morgan is going to open. I figure it'll be one of Hogan, Carey and Walker to miss out.
By Ger27
Morgan pick of the batsmen for the seconds this year, so good to see him rewarded again. Think I'd go with Wagg at 6 given his form.

You'd have to say that Worcs would be one of the main contenders for one of the top 3 spots - the two games coming up against them could be key come end of the season.
By glamman
We are going to need the tail to perform next week with Wagg likely to be batting 6. We have depth in seam bowling and I am pleased to see Walker coming in and hopefully he will get a game but there is noone really crying out on the batting front to be selected. Need some batsmen to start scoring consistently in the 2s - maybe Carlson or Brown. Morgan had not actually been scoring that many in the 2s before he came in against Derbyshire - in the 2nd team innings appearing on CricInfo (therefore excluding friendlies) his scores were 1, 6, 16, 14, 11, 24, 15, 0, 11, 81
By Nick_Glam
That squad is not exactly a vote of confidence for the 2nd XI batsmen or Salter, but don't deserve to be a part of the first team based on recent performances.

Unfortunate for Hemphrey to be missing now as Cooke may well be back for the next game.
By glamman
The fact Hemphrey's wife is "due" to give birth next week does not mean she will unless she is being induced, which would not be normal practice.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:47 am
That squad is not exactly a vote of confidence for the 2nd XI batsmen or Salter, but don't deserve to be a part of the first team based on recent performances.

Unfortunate for Hemphrey to be missing now as Cooke may well be back for the next game.
The squad really only contains 4 out and out batsmen.
By glamman
I have not seen the pitch but am slightly surprised to hear that Worcs have put Glamorgan in given the weather we have had. I wonder if they see our batting line up as a weakness this week but hopefully we can make them regret the decision.
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:49 am
I have not seen the pitch but am slightly surprised to hear that Worcs have put Glamorgan in given the weather we have had. I wonder if they see our batting line up as a weakness this week but hopefully we can make them regret the decision.

With 4 scores of over 400 and only once have been bowled out for under 200 I would not see our batting as a weakness
HiroP liked this
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:37 am
glamman wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:49 am

With 4 scores of over 400 and only once have been bowled out for under 200 I would not see our batting as a weakness
Yes - a rather negative decision but time will tell.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:43 pm
A very good start considering Morgan is a makeshift opener.
Taken the shine off the ball - hopefully Labuschagne can continue his great from.
By glamman
The day is not over but I think it was a poor decision by Worcs at the toss and they are being made to pay by Labuschagne, ably supported by the other batsmen. Lloyd has made a start and I really hope he goes on this time.
By glamman
Two quick wickets so now we'll see what the rather long tail can do. Good base and hopefully another 150 at least.
By Welwyn
Really need Lloydy to make a big 100 now.

Trust Root to go on a bad trot the minute I put him in the fantasy team!
T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]