A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Glamno1
If our star Oz batsmen ( can’t spell name :no: ) in county cricket don’t get selected for ashes does mean he is not playing 20/20 as we have marsh brothers ??
Only 2 allowed !
By glamman
Glamno1 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:05 pm
If our star Oz batsmen ( can’t spell name :no: ) in county cricket don’t get selected for ashes does mean he is not playing 20/20 as we have marsh brothers ??
Only 2 allowed !
Cannot have 3. I would be amazed if Labuschagne was not in the Ashes squad with the runs he has scored in difficult conditions.
By exileKT8
Not so sure about Labuschagne, thus far a top signing for us, our best overseas for a long time but would you back him against Anderson. Broad Archer Wood Woakes etc on the basis of runs ( for which I am very grateful ) against Div 2 attacks.

If Labuschagne not selected are we contractually obliged to take Marsh ?
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:34 pm
Not so sure about Labuschagne, thus far a top signing for us, our best overseas for a long time but would you back him against Anderson. Broad Archer Wood Woakes etc on the basis of runs ( for which I am very grateful ) against Div 2 attacks.

If Labuschagne not selected are we contractually obliged to take Marsh ?
Shaun was signed for 2 years. Could also bring in Labuschagne but would still have to pay the Marshes even if they don’t play.
exileKT8 liked this
By Nick_Glam
Morgan seems the player who might have done himself a bit of good today with both bat and ball.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:54 pm
Morgan seems the player who might have done himself a bit of good today with both bat and ball.
And took a good catch by all accounts. Between him and Salter.

My team allbeit without a clear idea of who will be available overseas wise:
Lloyd
Marsh S
Root
Ingram
Marsh M
Douthwaite
Wagg
Salter or Morgan
Smith if fit otherwise Carey or TvdG
De Lange
Hogan
By Ger27
Shaun Marsh has fractured his arm today. Guess that throws stuff up in the air again.

I think there's little doubt that Meschede will be a regular in the t20s.
By glamman
Blowers wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:54 pm
Good team maybe a keeper needed
Well spotted - I knew I missed something. Cooke instead of Douthwaite.
By glamman
Ger27 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:56 pm
Shaun Marsh has fractured his arm today. Guess that throws stuff up in the air again.

I think there's little doubt that Meschede will be a regular in the t20s.
He wasn't last year with Smith coming in for him against Gloucestershire and then staying for the rest of the campaign. Meschede then came back when Marsh injured. The question is where Meschede will fit - his bowling is not as good as others and we have plenty of batting. Cooke comes in at 6 (forgot him from my XI) instead of Douthwaite. Wagg is at 7 and then Salter at 8. You then want your best bowlers and I am not sure Meschede is one. I would select Carey, TvdG or Smith infront of him as a bowler.
Unfortunately Shaun Marsh now out for a while and Labuschagne must be a definite for the Ashes. I wonder if there are any others in consideration in case Shaun Marsh was selected for the Ashes? Otherwise it might be between Douthwaite and Meschede for that batting slot

Plenty on the bench if things go wrong but can only field XI at a time.
By Ger27
Meschede then came back and played in the last 4 games of the campaign. Indeed, the club tried for months to get him to sign a white-ball only contract, which shows where they value him.

Lloyd
Overseas
Ingram
Root
M Marsh
Cooke
Douthwaite
Meshchede
Wagg
De Lange
Hogan

Salter to come in at spin friendly grounds.
By Glamno1
S. Marsh out & M.Marsh can’t play 1st few games with OZ A-team !
We need to go get 1 Bangladeshi players must be cheaper than big stars - get on phone MM to the one who bats bowls top of the ratings in World Cup :yes:
By glamman
Ger27 wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:08 pm
Meschede then came back and played in the last 4 games of the campaign. Indeed, the club tried for months to get him to sign a white-ball only contract, which shows where they value him.

Lloyd
Overseas
Ingram
Root
M Marsh
Cooke
Douthwaite
Meshchede
Wagg
De Lange
Hogan

Salter to come in at spin friendly grounds.
Not enough strong bowling options. Wagg can bat higher. Salter will play.
By Glamno1
Usual Glamorgan we are waiting on marsh so we will end up playing 1st few games with no overseas & then won’t bother replacing for 20/20 or championship !!
No time to wait get someone signed now broken arm 8 weeks season over by then !!
T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]