A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Ger27 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:15 pm
glamman wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:09 pm
Looks like a top edge 6 has taken us clear.
Great fight back after a poor bowling performance on day 1. Well done to all.
Haha - always one negative in each of your posts!

Brilliant stuff Glamorgan - all 11 contributed and all deserve praise. Top of the league... difficult to play it down now - promotion has to be the #1 target for this season.
Just say what I see. Please say if any of the factual information is wrong. It's been a great start to the season and we must be looking seriously at promotion. However there are a couple of issues:
- lack of depth in the batting with heavy reliance on runs from Labuschagne (who will be leaving, but has been a brilliant signing) and Root with useful contributions from Selman, Wagg and Cullen. However problems with Lloyd's form and not sure who fills the other batting slot. Assume Cullen will stay when Cooke comes back.
- no spinner

Worcs next who have not done as well as might be expected in Div 2 and hopefully we can put together another good performance.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:24 pm
Well played Glamorgan, great fightback after the 1st day. Another solid team effort, Hogan a hero again 43 overs sent down and 7 wickets. Wonder what our win percentage has been in games featuring Douthwaite ?

Enjoy.
I thought Douthwaite bowled well in this game and watched one of his spells which was excellent. Just thought his dismissal this afternoon was naive given the situation. I think he can bat properly and I would not want to see him just becoming a slogger.
By hujon64
Top of the Table - Wow. I don’t know what ‘magic wand’ Maynard, Harrison and Wallace have got but the signings, the confidence, the determination is all there this season. In recent interviews interviews comments have been made by players on the influence the new management is having in promoting a positive mindset but the players still have to go out and perform and to date, they have been superb and long may it continue. Hogan - what a signing - who was coach then? Can’t stop beaming and it’s great to read all the comments of delight by everyone on here!
exileKT8, Vetchetarian liked this
By Ger27
glamman wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:26 pm
Just say what I see. Please say if any of the factual information is wrong.
Not doubting any of the facts you come up with, only some of your opinions! (Be careful not to think that your own opinions should be considered matters of fact though - not a good trait.)

Saying that there is a lack of belief in Morgan as a batsman when he's just been selected as an out-and-out batsman ahead of Carlson is a load of rubbish though. MM, the aggressive coach he is, felt that Douthwaite could bring the game to an end quickly or at the very least relieve some pressure, which is exactly what he did.
By glamman
Ger27 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:01 pm
glamman wrote:
Just say what I see. Please say if any of the factual information is wrong.
Not doubting any of the facts you come up with, only some of your opinions! (Be careful not to think that your own opinions should be considered matters of fact though - not a good trait.)

Saying that there is a lack of belief in Morgan as a batsman when he's just been selected as an out-and-out batsman ahead of Carlson is a load of rubbish though. MM, the aggressive coach he is, felt that Douthwaite could bring the game to an end quickly or at the very least relieve some pressure, which is exactly what he did.
It didn't need aggressive batting, just accumulation of singles as Wagg did. Don't know why Morgan could not have done that. There was no real pressure at 147/4. If he is selected as the number 6 batsman I think he should have gone in then. Just my opinion.
The "facts" are clear from the batting averages and the absence of a spinner.
By Vetchetarian
hujon64 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 pm
Top of the Table - Wow. I don’t know what ‘magic wand’ Maynard, Harrison and Wallace have got but the signings, the confidence, the determination is all there this season. In recent interviews interviews comments have been made by players on the influence the new management is having in promoting a positive mindset but the players still have to go out and perform and to date, they have been superb and long may it continue. Hogan - what a signing - who was coach then? Can’t stop beaming and it’s great to read all the comments of delight by everyone on here!
" Top of the table ", indeed, and I've taken a photograph of the updated table so I can show my grandkids, at some future date. :)

I didn't see this win coming on the first morning when Gloucestershire were scoring for fun. Just goes to show what can happen in sport.

Today was Glam at their very best. They even threw in a wobble towards the end to make it interesting. Bless them. I do love them so much.
exileKT8, Nick_Glam liked this
By Nick_Glam
Great effort to win the game from the start we had. Maynard and the management have certainly instilled some fight into the players and we have made sensible signings.

Obviously there are weaknesses to the squad, but we all knew that already. That is why we should be feeling more positive about getting good results as we know that the coaching staff have made us into more than a sum of our parts.
glamman, Vetchetarian liked this
By JamesH
After the first day the boys really did themselves proud here. The effort on day 4 to bowl out Gloucs and knock off the runs with minimum fuss is testament to how far we've come since last season. I'm not too bothered with how the bowlers have been playing as we seem to have had some flat, flat pitches this season and what feels like more dropped catches than usual. Hopefully some more wins to come!
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote:
Ger27 wrote:
glamman wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:09 pm
Looks like a top edge 6 has taken us clear.
Great fight back after a poor bowling performance on day 1. Well done to all.

Brilliant stuff Glamorgan - all 11 contributed and all deserve praise. Top of the league... difficult to play it down now - promotion has to be the #1 target for this season.
Just say what I see. Please say if any of the factual information is wrong. It's been a great start to the season and we must be looking seriously at promotion. However there are a couple of issues:
- lack of depth in the batting with heavy reliance on runs from Labuschagne (who will be leaving, but has been a brilliant signing) and Root with useful contributions from Selman, Wagg and Cullen. However problems with Lloyd's form and not sure who fills the other batting slot. Assume Cullen will stay when Cooke comes back.
- no spinner

Worcs next who have not done as well as might be expected in Div 2 and hopefully we can put together another good performance.
Top batting points in the country so not sure that is achieved by one man
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:40 am
glamman wrote:
Ger27 wrote:

- no spinner

Top batting points in the country so not sure that is achieved by one man
Agreed but it is a shame to lose the player who has so far scored 20% of your Championship runs.
Labuschagne, Root and Selman have scored half the runs between them. Hopefully someone will pick up from where Labuschagne will leave off and we can start to score some more 1st innings runs.
Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]