A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By psychocandy
Oh dear. So going to be 500 runs (or near enough) to win..... More than a day and a half left. First loss here.....
By glamman
I am not sure that De Lange is the brightest. Keeps bowling short and keeps getting dispatched over mid wicket.
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:58 pm I am not sure that De Lange is the brightest. Keeps bowling short and keeps getting dispatched over mid wicket.
Yes, the umpire didn't look too impressed when de Lange just kicked dust all over him as well.

And Douthwaite aint the smartest either. :doh:
By glamman
Middx number 11 making the pitch look like a feather bed! Might be the bowlers? :brickwall:
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:03 pm
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:58 pm I am not sure that De Lange is the brightest. Keeps bowling short and keeps getting dispatched over mid wicket.
Yes, the umpire didn't look too impressed when de Lange just kicked dust all over him as well.

And Douthwaite aint the smartest either. :doh:
I reiterate that Douthwaite is not a bowling option in T20.
By glamman
Batting probably the easiest of the game so far and pitch looks pretty flat. What are the odds of another 4 sessions like that?
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:05 pm Batting probably the easiest of the game so far and pitch looks pretty flat. What are the odds of another 4 sessions like that?
Glam finished the day on 171-6, so the wicket not too easy for them, in either innings.
I'm surprised the game has gone into Day 4.

Take a successful substitute captain, and a successful substitute wicketkeeper, who excelled with the bat, then take the captaincy away from the successful substitute captain, and drop the substitute wicketkeeper who had averaged 43 with the bat. Then bring back the team captain, who fails in both innings, and what do you get ?

Answers on a postcard...

Pathetic performance overall by the team, but the management need to hang their heads.

I saw this coming. It was SO inevitable.
By glamman
As the Glamorgan innings went on the ball was starting to keep low. They also got a number of poor decisions.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:21 pm As the Glamorgan innings went on the ball was starting to keep low. They also got a number of poor decisions.
I really don't like excuses. What happened in Glam's first innings ? Did funny things only happen when they batted ?
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:25 pm
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:21 pm As the Glamorgan innings went on the ball was starting to keep low. They also got a number of poor decisions.
I really don't like excuses. What happened in Glam's first innings ? Did funny things only happen when they batted ?
Agree - we have batted, bowled and fielded poorly.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:27 pm
Vetchetarian wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:25 pm
[/quot

Agree - we have batted, bowled and fielded poorly.

And made some very poor team changes ?
By glamman
Hardly going to leave your club captain out who had not been dismissed in Championship games this season. Lack of a quality spinner becoming an issue.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:07 pm Hardly going to leave your club captain out who had not been dismissed in Championship games this season. Lack of a quality spinner becoming an issue.
In my opinion, and I'm probably in a minority of one on this, Cooke's figure's prior to his injury are a red herring.
The team were on a roll, sitting at, or very near, the top of the table for the duration of his absence. That all took place on Lloyd's watch. Taking the captaincy off Lloyd was a mistake, and I don't say that in hindsight, as an earlier post of mine hinted at this. Cooke could have offered to let Lloyd continue as Captain at least for this current game. With the T20 coming up that would have been a good place to be. Failing that Cooke move, Maynard should have made the decision to retain Lloyd as Captain. He made a poor managerial decision in my opinion.

Cullen's dropping was also a poor decision. Where is the loyalty, the encouragement , for these youngsters to feed off ?

As stated earlier, I was anticipating a thrashing, and that's clearly on the cards.
CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

www.glamorgancricket.com/news/13-man-squad-named-f[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]