A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
They have produced an interestng looking pitch for today's game - very green. I don't mind the bowlers having someting in their favour as long as it persists throughout the game. Especially with a 10:30 start, you do not want the toss deciding the outcome.
By exileKT8
Crowd looked fair today without being anywhere near full. Similar to the England /Pakistan and India / Bangladesh games. Any word as to whether we are likely lose or make money on these games ?
By johnwales
Seemed quite a few empty seats to me. Do members / season ticket holders have to apply for world cup tickets, or are they automatically reserved for them ?
By glamman
johnwales wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:47 am Seemed quite a few empty seats to me. Do members / season ticket holders have to apply for world cup tickets, or are they automatically reserved for them ?
Glamorgan have nothing to do with ticket sales - it is done by the ICC. Therefore members have no extra rights to tickets. I would be surprised if any of the games in Cardiff pose difficulties for getting tickets, even the England game. I have just looked on the ICC website and there are still £95 tickets available for the Eng v Bang game. Don't go to ticket agency websites - they are charging silly amounts for tickets.
By johnwales
Thank you Glamman…. Great game at the Oval today, and an excellent performance by Bangladesh. South Africa look pretty poor , and I tip England, New Zealand, India and the West Indies to go through to the semis .
By glamman
johnwales wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:54 pm Thank you Glamman…. Great game at the Oval today, and an excellent performance by Bangladesh. South Africa look pretty poor , and I tip England, New Zealand, India and the West Indies to go through to the semis .
Don’t right off the holders
By johnwales
I don't think the Aussies will reach the semis , their batting can be very brittle at times.
England cannot afford another ' Rorkes Drift ' like today !!!
By glamman
Get the feeling there are fewer spectators at Sophia Gardens today than there would be for a county championship game. Not surprising given the teams playing.
By johnwales
Quite a few complimentary tickets circulating as well, so I understand.
By TWrex
I didn't see yesterday's match, but it has amused me how Sky keep telling us every match is or almost is a sell out, despite the fact plenty of vacant seats are clearly visible on the screen.
95% sold is the often quoted figure, so there must be plenty of people with money to waste who are not turning up seeing the price of tickets. Still it has proved good viewing on the whole, but the competition is far too long. More 2 game days would have been preferable & a tighter tournament might hold the attention of casual followers better . Shorter & sharper, less is more & all that.
By johnwales
No I like the present format; it is only once every four years, and more entertaining than the IPL. But I agree about the attendance issues. Apparently todays game at Southampton saw many late arrivals because of severe traffic congestion on the local motorways. The Oval looks quite full though. Good weather and a cosmopolitan population will always attract a good audience. I have Sky, but it is a pity that some of the games are not shown on BBC or ITV to give everyone some enjoyment.
By TWrex
Traffic may have been affected by the little do down the road with the odd high profile guest or two, security & all that. Channel 4 & Sky 1 showing daily highlights, Sky Sports Mix has some live coverage, as does Sky Sports Main Event, but I don't know what packages cover those channels as I have Virgin Media.
By TWrex
On further investigation only Saturdays Afghan. v NZ match is on Sky Mix & is free to all Sky & Virgin Media customers. Starting from tomorrow all the England v West Indies women's ODI & T20 matches are also on Sky Mix. However Sky customers without the sports channels can have the Cricket HD channel for £10 per month (usually £18) for 12 months but witth no contract so can be cancelled with 31 days notice. So keep it for the rest of the cup or the rest of the season for the Ashes, The Blast & normally a couple of Championship games, , but remember the notice required. I remembered seeing an advert in this month's Cricketer so checked the details. For anyone without Sky it starts at £22 plus the cricket of course. Phone No. 0800 759 1571, no I don't work for Sky, am with Virgin, just putting the info. for anyone who may be interested.
By glamman
johnwales wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:29 pm I don't think the Aussies will reach the semis , their batting can be very brittle at times.
England cannot afford another ' Rorkes Drift ' like today !!!
Ignore Australia at your peril. :)
Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

T20 signing for 2020

Nabi back for Kent next season for the Blast - bri[…]

The first two players released

Lawlor and Szymanski deemed surplus to requirement[…]

Maynard new 3 year deal

Maynard staying on as coach. Matthew Maynard: Gl[…]