A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By johnwales
Top of the table, but Lancashire will regain lead regardless of their result tonmorrow.
A very poignant and qualified remark by Glamman earlier when he said a series of good results may act as a magnet to keep developing cricketers at Glamorgan. We are in the best position in the C C for many a year, and with the Bash fast approaching, there is an ideal opportunity to win some trophies this season.
Well done to Matthew Maynard and Mark Wallace and to all the Glamorgan team who showed such character in dragging this match back over the edge from a position that looked very depressing on day one.
exileKT8, Vetchetarian liked this
By hujon64
Excellent win. When was the last time we won by an innings and over 100 runs? No 7 must be lucky as both Hogan and De Lange had 7 wickets and Cullen had 7 catches in the match; also nearly 200 runs by those 3 with the help of Douthwaite. Enjoying all the positive comments and mention of Maynard and Wallace (de Lange mentioned their positive attitude and influence over confidence in his interview online) but feel David Harrison, Assistant Coach should also get a mention. Those three played together for many years and , obviously, have a very good relationship. I, as much as anyone, questioned the ‘Glam pals’ appointments but am starting to ‘eat my words’. Our batting and bowling line ups are strong with lots of competition for places which is great! Well done everyone!
Vetchetarian, exileKT8 liked this
By notgoingoutreprise
hujon64 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:19 pm
Excellent win. When was the last time we won by an innings and over 100 runs? No 7 must be lucky as both Hogan and De Lange had 7 wickets and Cullen had 7 catches in the match; also nearly 200 runs by those 3 with the help of Douthwaite. Enjoying all the positive comments and mention of Maynard and Wallace (de Lange mentioned their positive attitude and influence over confidence in his interview online) but feel David Harrison, Assistant Coach should also get a mention. Those three played together for many years and , obviously, have a very good relationship. I, as much as anyone, questioned the ‘Glam pals’ appointments but am starting to ‘eat my words’. Our batting and bowling line ups are strong with lots of competition for places which is great! Well done everyone!
2014 was our last innings victory
By Vetchetarian
Nothing quite like a Glamorgan win to have yours truly grinning like a Cheshire cat. We've endured some miserable times in recent years, so let's hope this resurgence continues.
" Top of the table, Ma ". O.K., James Cagney didn't actually say that, but A man can dream, can't he, if only for a brief period ? :)
At 124/3, I felt sure Northants would hang on for the draw. When I next checked the score, it was all over, and I had missed all the fun.
I can detect a different atmosphere around the Club, and on this Forum. Hope it continues. Even I feel positive, and that, believe me, is saying something.
exileKT8 liked this
By Welwyn
Vetchetarian wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:37 pm
Nothing quite like a Glamorgan win to have yours truly grinning like a Cheshire cat. We've endured some miserable times in recent years, so let's hope this resurgence continues.
" Top of the table, Ma ". O.K., James Cagney didn't actually say that, but A man can dream, can't he, if only for a brief period ? :)
At 124/3, I felt sure Northants would hang on for the draw. When I next checked the score, it was all over, and I had missed all the fun.
I can detect a different atmosphere around the Club, and on this Forum. Hope it continues. Even I feel positive, and that, believe me, is saying something.
Hogan's bowling in that spell where he broke it open from there was a delight. Absolutely brutal in ducking yorkers.
exileKT8, Vetchetarian liked this
By HiroP
I see we’ve just moved up into the middle tier / 2nd strata!
Shamu wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:05 pm
Of 18 Counties there are 3 distinct stratas of 6. Glamorgan are in the bottom tier.
Don’t need to explain that to knowledgable cricket fans, so I’ve set it out clearly for you.
DaffodilDreamer liked this
By glamman
Well done to all involved. As has been said, it looked like it would be a tough task today but Northants were rolled over by Hogan and De Lange. The only slightly disappointing thing is only two home grown players involved.
Hopefully we can continue to see this attack of 3 front line seamers, especially with the lack of a recognised spinner. Carey seems to have played a full part in the 2s game this week so should be fit for Swansea, allowing De Lange or TvdG to rest.
I see also that Morgan scored 123 today, opening for the 2s. I am still not sure where he fits into the plans.
Looking through the Div 2 batting averages we have 8 players in the top 4, allbeit 3 are bowlers.

Roll on Derbyshire next week.
By exileKT8
I`m not going to bet much money that you are wrong Shamu. but Glammy are in much better shape to have a tilt at the top end of the table than we have been for a long time. Probably not since the Dalrymple and Cosgrove days. Things seem to be going our way at the moment, managed to avoid a defeat at Sussex, enjoyed the best bowling conditions in this game and when our double centurion gets dropped on 0 we know our luck is in.

The hypothetical question as to where Glammy lie is a good one. Can we rise from the 2nd division basement group which I agree picks itself although MIddx are trying hard to enter. We have been pretty much bottom of that group, due respect to other counties there who have lost their better players to Div 1. If Lancs are favourites to go up can we compete with the likes of Worcs and Sussex in that middle tier ?

Well done to all but Hats off again to Hogan, what a magnificent signing he has been. Part of the SWALEC should be named after him when he goes.
HiroP, Vetchetarian liked this
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:35 pm
Well done to all involved. As has been said, it looked like it would be a tough task today but Northants were rolled over by Hogan and De Lange. The only slightly disappointing thing is only two home grown players involved.
Hopefully we can continue to see this attack of 3 front line seamers, especially with the lack of a recognised spinner. Carey seems to have played a full part in the 2s game this week so should be fit for Swansea, allowing De Lange or TvdG to rest.
I see also that Morgan scored 123 today, opening for the 2s. I am still not sure where he fits into the plans.
Looking through the Div 2 batting averages we have 8 players in the top 4, allbeit 3 are bowlers.

Thankfully we are more competitive this year but not sure about having 8 players in the top 4 batting averages :thinking:
By duckworthlewis
As i work from home, I was listening to the commentary. As the wickets went down, I thought i'd wait for the 9th wicket to go down, finish early, and go to watch the live stream to see them take and celebrate the last wicket. 9th wicket went down, immediately went to clock off for the day and they said it was over ! gutted !

So I carried on working. I hadn't been to turn the BBC commentary off, which was left on and picking up background noise, and not long after you could hear the team singing their winning team song with some gusto.
Nick_Glam liked this
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:49 pm
glamman wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:35 pm

Thankfully we are more competitive this year but not sure about having 8 players in the top 4 batting averages :thinking:
Sorry - forgot a zero - top 40
T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]