A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By notgoingoutreprise
Off topic but we are sometimes criticised for low and slow pitches but I see Warwickshire are 202-4 off 101 overs at Edgbaston must be exciting to watch :sleep:
By Nick_Glam
A great effort from the last two and entertaining to watch.

Hopefully the weather doesn't intervene too much.
By glamman
The benefit of batting on is the runs in hand that allow the setting of attacking fields. We have missed this opportunity and once the new ball has lost its shine it's going to be difficult especially with no recognised spinner.
By PaulTavs
johnwales wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Gnashing of teeth will be going on in Nottinghamshire as well. Billy did absolutely nothing for that county, yet from nowhere he has taken centre stage for Glamorgan.
He didn't do "absolutely nothing" at Notts. He scored 132 v Sussex in the last game of 2017, and was then in effect dropped on the back of it at the start of the 2018 season. He also scored 107 in a 50 overs game in 2017 and his one-day batting average going into this season was 38 from 16 games.

Then last season he was terribly treated, with the aforementioned axeing on the back of a century, seemingly only called up as a last resort and often being slated to bat down the order in one day games, coming in with a few overs left.
exileKT8 liked this
By psychocandy
No wickets yet and raining now :-(

Forecast better for tomorrow.

Still right decision to bat on. Last paid scored some valuable runs quickly...
By johnwales
Weather good for tomorrow, but odds on for a draw. Can't see us getting 10 wickets unless we can pick up two or three in the first hour.
By Bucksman
With the wisdom of batting on being questioned yesterday morning at the ground (by the way, no attempt was made to attack the last two men and try to bowl them out), considering the forecast for the rest of the day, you would appear to be on course for a well deserved win anyway!

For the record, Billy Root once scored a double ton against my native county (for Suffolk) and I look forward to seeing how his career progresses with his new team.
By caergybi
8 wickets down and looks like Glamorgan will be top of table for a day. With three up this season we have a chance and an irony if Bill Root passes his discarded team on the way as Notts getting hammered in relegation match.
T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]