A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By johnwales
glamman wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:06 pm
200 from Root - great effort. They'll be much gnashing of teeth in the Northants dressing room having dropped him on 0. Might be the deciding moment of the match.
Gnashing of teeth will be going on in Nottinghamshire as well. Billy did absolutely nothing for that county, yet from nowhere he has taken centre stage for Glamorgan. Was his signing another vision of Matthew Maynard. His performances here must have put him on the fringes of England selection.
And when was the last time two bothers scored centuries on the same day ???
By exileKT8
glamman wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:34 pm
It could be argued that if Cullen carries on with this batting perform he could fill the batting slot that Carlson currently occupies when Cooke returns.
Or Cooke goes back to being just a batsman or the 1 day keeper. Nice option for MM particularly if he doesn`t fancy Lawlor.
By exileKT8
Not sure Root is on england fringes quite yet, but his signing has given me the most pessimistic of Glammy supporters a lot of hope. My concern now with my glass half full is how long is his contract and will Div 1 teams entice him back over the Bridge if he goes well.

Douthwaite might be another to attract interest pretty soon.
By johnwales
exileKT8 wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:59 pm
Not sure Root is on england fringes quite yet, but his signing has given me the most pessimistic of Glammy supporters a lot of hope. My concern now with my glass half full is how long is his contract and will Div 1 teams entice him back over the Bridge if he goes well.

Douthwaite might be another to attract interest pretty soon.
Yes indeed you are quite right !! I have a feeling he was given a one season contract; and on the basis of his performances so far this season, he would be better off returning to Division one, preferably the family home of Yorkshire
By glamman
Hopefully if the results continue to come players will see their future with Glamorgan. Am starting to see some competition for batting places which has not been the case for a few years. The gap is in the spin department - difficult for spinners to get an edge unless they play on favourable pitches as shown down in Taunton.
By Ger27
Plenty of spinners under the contract, although I'm not sure who's coaching them.

Talking of contracts - I think it's Selman, Hogan, Wagg and de Lange who are out of contract come September. Great to see Selman having a good couple of weeks - hopefully he can keep it going and put himself in a strong negotiating position!
By Welwyn
glamman wrote:
It could be argued that if Cullen carries on with this batting perform he could fill the batting slot that Carlson currently occupies when Cooke returns.
Cullen keeps and Cooke can concentrate on being skipper.
By glamman
Welwyn wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:58 am
glamman wrote:
Cullen keeps and Cooke can concentrate on being skipper.
Fine with me but my guess is Cooke will want to keep the gloves. He could just keep in T20 when Cullen is unlikely to play.
By glamman
We asked for runs in the 1st rather than the 2nd innings and they have delivered in spades. Great position but suspect it will be hard work getting the wickets. However can set attacking fields and plenty of time weather-permitting.
Performances reflect a team with confidence that Maynard must be given credit for.
T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]