A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
A very good effort from the players (and Maynard) after a terrible first day.

As we only really bowled once, hopefully we can pick 3 proper seamers for the next game.

Douthwaite has done very well so far after a wobbly start and clearly has the raw attributes to be a good player.

Cullen's improvement is also marked as I remember one game last season where he could have been out 4 times in his first 7 deliveries! :)
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 8:53 pm
Tebbutt32 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:36 pm Regarding Douithwaite its difficult to criticise. Admittedly he is very raw with bat and ball but he definately has some gamechanging atttibutes about him. That spell at derby with the ball was superb and he actually dug in with the bat at derby. Today we were rocking a bit at 5 wickets down and his counter attack pretty much made the game safe. He has added something positive to the side without a doubt and hopefully he will just keep improving.
I think that only glamman does not think much of him because everbody else are quite pleased with him so far
I am reserving judgment and not going quite as overboard as some people. I hope he does well for his own and the clubs sake. He has definite abilities but has a long way to go.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 10:13 pm
Tebbutt32 wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 6:36 pm Regarding Douithwaite its difficult to criticise. Admittedly he is very raw with bat and ball but he definately has some gamechanging atttibutes about him. That spell at derby with the ball was superb and he actually dug in with the bat at derby. Today we were rocking a bit at 5 wickets down and his counter attack pretty much made the game safe. He has added something positive to the side without a doubt and hopefully he will just keep improving.
I think that only glamman does not think much of him because everbody else are quite pleased with him so far
I am reserving judgment and not going quite as overboard as some people. I hope he does well for his own and the clubs sake. He has definite abilities but has a long way to go.
I don't see anyone going " overboard " about Douthwaite, but you seem to be going underboard about him. :)
He has come from nowhere and performed really well. So some acknowledgement of that is surely in order.
I formed the impression some time ago that you don't like him very much.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:43 am

I don't see anyone going " overboard " about Douthwaite, but you seem to be going underboard about him. :)
He has come from nowhere and performed really well. So some acknowledgement of that is surely in order.
I have never met him so cannot comment on him as a person.
I am just waiting to see what happens when the experienced county bowlers have had a look at videos of him batting and make adjustments. Hopefully he will learn fast. I certainly think he has a promising future in white ball cricket but am not sure at the moment if he can bowl tightly enough for T20.
I am impressed with Cullen and what he has done since stepping in for Cooke.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 9:45 am
Vetchetarian wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:43 am

I have never met him so cannot comment on him as a person.
I am just waiting to see what happens when the experienced county bowlers have had a look at videos of him batting and make adjustments. Hopefully he will learn fast. I certainly think he has a promising future in white ball cricket but am not sure at the moment if he can bowl tightly enough for T20.
I am impressed with Cullen and what he has done since stepping in for Cooke.
That's fair enough. Presumably, whilst " the experienced county bowlers " are working him out, the experienced Glamorgan coaches will be constantly working with him to thwart those nasty county bowlers in their dastardly mission.

Cullen has indeed impressed.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]