A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By notgoingoutreprise
Vetchetarian wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm
glamman wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:39 pm Just hope we get into day 3.
Why ? They could save a night's hotel bills by losing tonight. Losing is losing, after all, and no bonus points for coming back tomorrow.
Hemphrey excelled again. He's nothing if not consistent.
A bit of reverse psychology seems to be working
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:59 am Tuned in at 11:30 expecting the worst but pleased to see that Selman and Labuschagne carrying on from where they left off yesterday. Deficit now down to 40 with still 26 overs until the new ball. Could ask why they don't do this in the first innings but pitch probably flatter and still possible to put a bit of pressure on Sussex tomorrow if they continue this way.
Should be asking why we batted first?
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 12:08 pm
glamman wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 11:59 am Tuned in at 11:30 expecting the worst but pleased to see that Selman and Labuschagne carrying on from where they left off yesterday. Deficit now down to 40 with still 26 overs until the new ball. Could ask why they don't do this in the first innings but pitch probably flatter and still possible to put a bit of pressure on Sussex tomorrow if they continue this way.
Should be asking why we batted first?
Seemed a 50:50 decision but I don't think the conditions were a problem as Selman showed. We just didn't bat very well. Sussex will now have to bat last and if we can get 200 ahead it could be interesting.
By glamman
Shame about the rain as this game was turning into an interesting contest thanks to some resilient batting from Selman and Labuschagne. We just have to make sure we continue to bat sensibly tomorrow.
By Tebbutt32
Outplayed comprehensively on the first day but have battled back really well, not for the first time this season. Hopefully we can just bat time tommorow and shut out any chance of a result. Sussex must be one of the strongest teams in this division so a draw will be a positive result for us. I must admit i get the sense of a different feeling around glammy this year, Maynard has made a big difference.
By johnwales
Presume we will get an extra hour tomorrow to make up for todays rain. A great pity but I do not think we can gamble with a win lose scenario.

Again I must criticise the BBC !!! For two days now they have had a headline on the cricket text page that reads ENGLAND THRASH SOUTH AFRICA . But the report refers to the Afghanistan victory. On the fixtures page there is no reference whatsoever to the World Cup fixtures. Are they going to ignore the World Cup; sounds to me that it is simply a case of sour grapes !!!
By glamman
johnwales wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 6:49 pm Presume we will get an extra hour tomorrow to make up for todays rain. A great pity but I do not think we can gamble with a win lose scenario.

Again I must criticise the BBC !!! For two days now they have had a headline on the cricket text page that reads ENGLAND THRASH SOUTH AFRICA . But the report refers to the Afghanistan victory. On the fixtures page there is no reference whatsoever to the World Cup fixtures. Are they going to ignore the World Cup; sounds to me that it is simply a case of sour grapes !!!
They will be broadcasting radio commentary.
By exileKT8
Admire MW for his positive attitude saying the rain prevented Glammy pushing on for a win, still some work to get a draw I think, which seemed highly unlikely Tuesday afternoon.
By johnwales
Can't see them losing from this position !! Forecast tomorrow is for loads of sunshine.
By Ian
There's definitely a more positive feel around the team this year.
By glamman
Didn't say anything but was slightly nervous about other contributors confidence about Glamorgan's chances of a draw. This is Glamorgan!
Poor shot from Carlson - still do not understand why Lawlor left out - surely Carlson needs to score runs in the 2s to deserve selection.
By Vetchetarian
The inevitable slump, as predictable as Tuesday following Monday. 5 wickets down, 95 in front, and plenty of overs left. :)
By notgoingoutreprise
Vetchetarian wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 1:03 pm The inevitable slump, as predictable as Tuesday following Monday. 5 wickets down, 95 in front, and plenty of overs left. :)
Plenty of time to bowl them out
By glamman
Am not very impressed with Douthwaite's approach to this situation. 21 off 16 balls is not what is required.
If this is what Maynard wants him to do then OK, but personally I think it is totally irresponsible.
By Ger27
Douthwaite is doing exactly the right thing. If he thinks he get to 50 by being aggressive, then that's exactly what he should do. Everyone else can play out time.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]