A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
Too much salt is not good for you, or so the medical professionals keep telling us. Glamorgan's bowlers will doubtless agree on that having been subjected to an excess of it/him yesterday.
With Sussex scoring well in excess of 5 runs an over, it's clearly their goal to wrap the game up sometime tomorrow, weather permitting.
Early wickets this a.m. could make a big difference, however, so let's hope Glam's bowlers take the field with some pepper in their pockets, Atherton style, sprinkle their balls with the magic dust, and make a game of it.
If they do, there could well be a tasty finish. :)
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 10:24 am Too much salt is not good for you, or so the medical professionals keep telling us. Glamorgan's bowlers will doubtless agree on that having been subjected to an excess of it/him yesterday.
With Sussex scoring well in excess of 5 runs an over, it's clearly their goal to wrap the game up sometime tomorrow, weather permitting.
Early wickets this a.m. could make a big difference, however, so let's hope Glam's bowlers take the field with some pepper in their pockets, Atherton style, sprinkle their balls with the magic dust, and make a game of it.
If they do, there could well be a tasty finish. :)
Cannot afford to go at over 5 an over in 4 day cricket. Carey or Hogan would bring some control.
By Vetchetarian
100 lead for the hosts, Still going at 5 + an over. A cheeky declaration could see the game over by tea. :)
By glamman
Over rate now -4 so could well end up having a net loss of points for this game. Will need to make up the overs in this innings as Sussex may well not bat again. Poor!
By notgoingoutreprise
I said yesterday that you have to wait until both sides have batted to know how good the pitch is,I think I know the answer
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:39 pm Just hope we get into day 3.
Why ? They could save a night's hotel bills by losing tonight. Losing is losing, after all, and no bonus points for coming back tomorrow.
Hemphrey excelled again. He's nothing if not consistent.
By johnwales
Repeat again ??? Why did Hogan play for Newport on Sunday, and not in this current game ???

We are clearly going to be plagued by consistent failures , intervened by the occasional good performance.
By Vetchetarian
johnwales wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:35 pm Repeat again ??? Why did Hogan play for Newport on Sunday, and not in this current game ???

We are clearly going to be plagued by consistent failures , intervened by the occasional good performance.
We have a surfeit of quicks, and rotation is necessary. I don't have a problem with Hogan, or any other bowler, turning out for the local teams as the number of overs they have to bowl is nowhere near that of a full 4 day encounter. It also keeps their fitness to the fore.

Getting the right pairings is crucial though.
By notgoingoutreprise
Vetchetarian wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm
Why ? They could save a night's hotel bills by losing tonight. Losing is losing, after all, and no bonus points for coming back tomorrow.
I don't want my team to give up so the longer we bat the better
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:15 pm
johnwales wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:35 pm Repeat again ??? Why did Hogan play for Newport on Sunday, and not in this current game ???

We have a surfeit of quicks, and rotation is necessary. I don't have a problem with Hogan, or any other bowler, turning out for the local teams as the number of overs they have to bowl is nowhere near that of a full 4 day encounter. It also keeps their fitness to the fore.

Getting the right pairings is crucial though.
We have 4 genuine strike bowlers - hardly a surfeit. I am not sure who else you want to include in that group. The others available at the moment are Douthwaite who is very raw and Wagg and Lloyd who are gentle medium. You say they don't bowl so many overs in club games but the 10 overs they do bowl is getting on for half the number they would bowl in a day in county cricket so not negligible.

You talk about the pairings and I would play either Carey or Hogan who bowl tighter lines with either DeLange or TvdG who are quicker. We seem to have gone from one extreme to another. In previous years Hogan was playing every game and now they are only playig half the games. Until Meschede is back in favour or Smith is fit I am not sure they can keep leaving two of the four out.
By glamman
notgoingoutreprise wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:06 pm
Vetchetarian wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 4:03 pm
I don't want my team to give up so the longer we bat the better
Completely agree! Good to see Selman battling again alongside Labuschagne. Just need to bat the next ball and then the next and so on..... Let's make them fight for the win.
By Nick_Glam
Good to see us showing some fight and that Selman and Labuschagne are scoring some runs.

Agree that the bowling attack still doesnt look balanced.
By johnwales
Bat all day tomorrow and we could be favourites …….
By glamman
Tuned in at 11:30 expecting the worst but pleased to see that Selman and Labuschagne carrying on from where they left off yesterday. Deficit now down to 40 with still 26 overs until the new ball. Could ask why they don't do this in the first innings but pitch probably flatter and still possible to put a bit of pressure on Sussex tomorrow if they continue this way.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]