A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
#27660
A 13 man squad named with the bowler rotation policy continuing. It looks like two choices to be made for the starting eleven, though selections have been so unpredictable this season it is impossible to say for definite.

Selman
Hemphrey
Labuschagne
Lloyd
Root
Lawlor/Carlson
Douthwaite/Wagg (probably Douthwaite)
Cullen
Salter
de Lange
vd Gugten
By eastsidedevil
#27661
The rotation of the bowlers seems to be working however it is a little odd in my mind to be rotating the bowlers but also allowing them to play club cricket? I watched Lukas Carey play for Bont against Cardiff yesterday, whilst I also see that Hogan(Newport), de Lange (Ammanford) TvdG (Mumbles) and Wagg (Port Talbot) all played. Part of me likes the fact they play league cricket but it seems to go against the grain when they say workloads are being managed?
By Nick_Glam
#27664
Lawlor and Salter miss out.

It gives us a very long batting line up and hopefully the bowling is strong enough...
By Nick_Glam
#27665
A torrid time against the new ball and 30-2.

Hopefully Labuschagne can contribute more with the ball. :shhh:
By Nick_Glam
#27667
A disastrous decision to bat first so far, but to be fair to Sussex they have a very strong side.
By glamman
#27668
Nick_Glam wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 10:40 am
Lawlor and Salter miss out.

It gives us a very long batting line up and hopefully the bowling is strong enough...
Not sure what Carlson has done recently to displace Lawlor. Also not sure why need Wagg and Douthwaite leaving out the spinner.
By glamman
#27669
Well done to Selman for carrying his bat. Don't know why others could not have shown his beligerence. Poor display after winning the toss.
By notgoingoutreprise
#27670
Have to wait until both sides bowl and bat before passing judgement,and Selman did well to carry bat as he was very lucky not to be out first ball of the match
By glamman
#27671
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 pm
Have to wait until both sides bowl and bat before passing judgement,and Selman did well to carry bat as he was very lucky not to be out first ball of the match
Sussex already half way to our total for just one wicket down. I suggest we didn't bat very well.
By glamman
#27672
eastsidedevil wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:56 pm
The rotation of the bowlers seems to be working however it is a little odd in my mind to be rotating the bowlers but also allowing them to play club cricket? I watched Lukas Carey play for Bont against Cardiff yesterday, whilst I also see that Hogan(Newport), de Lange (Ammanford) TvdG (Mumbles) and Wagg (Port Talbot) all played. Part of me likes the fact they play league cricket but it seems to go against the grain when they say workloads are being managed?
All four of the frontline seamers bowled in club cricket on Saturday which as you say is mystifying given the desire to rest them. Without Hogan and Carey there is not really the ability to restrict scoring but the Sussex batsmen doing the best to get themselves out against Labuschagne's quick leg spin.
By notgoingoutreprise
#27673
glamman wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 5:03 pm
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 3:30 pm
Have to wait until both sides bowl and bat before passing judgement,and Selman did well to carry bat as he was very lucky not to be out first ball of the match
Sussex already half way to our total for just one wicket down. I suggest we didn't bat very well.
No did not bat well but 126-4 we are still in the game
By Nick_Glam
#27679
Despite big improvements this season, this is a bit of a reality check. Simply up against a much better team.
By johnwales
#27680
So why did Hogan play for Newport yesterday, and not Glamorgan today ?
T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]