A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By johnwales
BBC text service is reporting Aneurin Donald is proud to be appearing in a final tomorrow;
and has aspirations of a future selection for England. As much as I like the guy, I feel his chances of playing for England are about as remote as Teresa May remaining the P.M.
By Vetchetarian
johnwales wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:49 am
BBC text service is reporting Aneurin Donald is proud to be appearing in a final tomorrow;
and has aspirations of a future selection for England. As much as I like the guy, I feel his chances of playing for England are about as remote as Teresa May remaining the P.M.
Nothing wrong with him having aspirations. It's what gets him out of bed in the morning.
By ffynnongarw
Presumably he means white ball cricket in the context of tomorrows final. No reason at all why he should not aim to play white ball cricket for England. He is only 22 and playing in a final provides the platform to attract attention. Mike Powell made the England squad many years ago and had nowhere near the explosive power of Donald.
By Shamu
Dismissed by his ego yet again !
:brickwall:
Shows absolutely no signs of learning and adapting - just a one trick pony.
By johnwales
That is a bit cruel !!! He has a flamboyant style with a reputation for finding a fielder, no matter where he is standing. If he has genuine aspirations at playing for England, and this is not a media statement, then sadly it is not going to happen. He has produced some useful contributions at 6 and 7 recently; but all his performances are based on luck. Nevertheless I wish him good luck...
By Shamu
Cruel ?
Been around long enough and been afforded ample opportunities, yet his performance levels continue to disappoint.
By johnwales
I guess he has been dropped from the current game against Yorkshire. This is not very good news for him, in view of Hampshire being short of a few top players.

Lets hope he is given a chance in the Blast to redeem himself.
By Ian
I'm with Shamu on this, and I have no more interest in him than any other Hampshire player.
By hujon64
I bear no ill will to Aneurin Donald and wish him, like all the others striving to become established professional players, all the best in making a fulfilling career. However, I feel that he was lauded far too much as a ‘shining’ light for Glamorgan when he captained England in his youth, batting and keeping wicket, etc. He was often interviewed, appeared in posters, etc and much was expected of him. This may have given him a false sense of his own ability, fuelling an over confident attitude with underlying nerves and stress interfering when he batted. A move from Glamorgan for a new start was a risk which does not appear to have paid off and I doubt, had he stayed, that he would have featured in the current team.
Talent is often not enough. The right attitude, hard work, taking advice, fitting into a team are so important.
exileKT8 liked this
By johnwales
I think his contract terminates at the end of the season. Would M.M. have him back ???
By glamman
Looks like Hampshire have revamped their batting after some poor performances. Might also be injuries. Ian Holland, who has an interesting background, has just scored his 1st century while Donald is back in and has, true to character, scored 83 off 75 balls with 13 fours.
By glamman
Donald now taking to the Warwickshire bowlers as he did scoring his double century at Colwyn Bay. Worth having a watch.
By glamman
Donald was out in the last over of the day. 173 off 144 balls - 21 4s and 5 6s.
Undoubtedly booked a place in their T20 team.
T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]