A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
I take it all back. Matthew Maynard is a tactical genius. :)

Should be an exciting finish tomorrow.
hujon64 liked this
By glamman
Looks like I was wrong and hopefully we can get the last wicket quickly this morning. I expect a nail biting finish but hopefully the pitch won’t misbehave too much and we can get the deserved win.
Have to say Cullen has done a good job behind the stumps with some smart catches as well as the important runs. Not sure what happened with the 10 byes in the match.
Fingers crossed for today.
hujon64 liked this
By johnwales
Perhaps the byes included a couple of boundaries …

In with a chance today; not a good one, but indeed an excellent one. How many times have Glamorgan gone into the 4th day with an uncertain result, in the last 12 months ?
By hujon64
Here’s hoping my trusty old iPad has been resurrected and I can post my positive comments alongside others. Out yesterday evening and couldn’t believe the score on my return - Douthwaite on his debut for 4 Dayer! Maynard and Harrison seem to have instilled a self belief, determination and team spirit and the signings by Maynard and Wallace on our limited budget are certainly performing. Second team doing well and a nucleus of players vying for selection and being given a chance. Healthy competition and can also now rest players. My personal favourite - Lloyd receiving his cap and filling in as (Welsh) Captain within a few days may now lead us to a victory today. Not expecting miracles but definite room for optimism and Nick Webb must be happy!
By bobbly4
Never underestimate Maynard would be my advice re his selection policy and tactics. He is an experienced coach and inspirational leader. Yes he can be unorthodox in some of the things he tries and sometimes that doesn't pay off but when it does...…… WOW! All to play for on day 5. After losses inside 2 days last year this is quite a turn around.

It's disappointing that Salter has not grabbed the unexpected opportunity he has had to play in this game. Would have loved to see him force his way back into the reckoning, not just for his sake but for the balance it would give to the squad.
exileKT8 liked this
By Nick_Glam
glamman wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 7:24 am
Looks like I was wrong and hopefully we can get the last wicket quickly this morning. I expect a nail biting finish but hopefully the pitch won’t misbehave too much and we can get the deserved win.
Have to say Cullen has done a good job behind the stumps with some smart catches as well as the important runs. Not sure what happened with the 10 byes in the match.
Fingers crossed for today.
A couple of poor balls down leg side went for four I think. One of them certainly when Douthwaite was at his most unpredictable.
By psychocandy
Doing our best to lose this. 3 wkts down.

What on earth is lauschagne playing at? 32 off 28 balls inc a 6 and now hes out. Calm down theres plenty of time.

Was confident earlier. Now not so.
By lovecricket
This is a tense one! Come on Lloyd and Root stabilise the ship! Let's get that W on the board! Would really build the confidence.
By Welwyn
Lloyd gone.

Looks like a 180-200 4th innings pitch. Basically the two 50 10th wicket partnerships were the difference.
By psychocandy
Welwyn wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 2:41 pm
Lloyd gone.

Looks like a 180-200 4th innings pitch. Basically the two 50 10th wicket partnerships were the difference.
Yes not too confident to be honest....
By caergybi
Looks like down to young Douthwaite who deserves man of the match for us even if he doesn't take us to victory.

90 to go with four wickets left.
By johnwales
The tension is unbearable, 201 - 7 is by last seasons performance already a victory. These lads
are giving everything they have got ……..
exileKT8 liked this
By psychocandy
Fair play good partnership again.....

Close now. Surely we can do it. Excellent to see our batting is more resilient this year.

Douthewaite looks an excellent prospect.
Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]