A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
The frustrating thing about the selection policy is that unless you get some wins you are going to languish at or near the bottom of the table. You are significantly better off having a win and a loss than two draws. Without three from Hogan, TvdG, De Lange and Carey playing I do not see us taking the 20 wickets to win a game. Disappointing as it seems we might be able to score enough runs this season to get into some winning positions.
By glamman
Pleased to see Donald finishing the day 35 not out for Hants and more importantly taking 49 balls to score them. Positively sedate!
By johnwales
I am sure that Donald's solid start to the season will give him confidence. What is the future for Billy Root and his suspect action ? Surely this can be corrected quickly, but I guess he will have to wait some time to be re-tested.
By Nick_Glam
The selection policy is indeed frustrating, but I guess they are understandably concerned about bowlers playing for 8 days out of 9. If my math is correct, that kind of scheduling happens again later in the season so we may see quite a bit of rotation.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 8:31 am
The selection policy is indeed frustrating, but I guess they are understandably concerned about bowlers playing for 8 days out of 9. If my math is correct, that kind of scheduling happens again later in the season so we may see quite a bit of rotation.
I would rest one not two. Due to the follow on TvdG and De Lange only bowled 6 and 8 overs respectively after Wednesday. Surely one of them could have played this week. We don't look like winning any games with this attack and I worry Hogan will break down. Listening to the commentary he did not sound fully fit. There are then 4 days between this and the next game. I would have thought they would be targetting some games for a win and that Derbyshire might be one of them.
Was slightly surprised Douthwaite played infront of Meschede and Smith. Not sure if Smith still injured.
Hopefully Root and Lawlor can go big today but it appears that the best we can hope for is a draw.
For all my criticism, the team is looking much more competitive under Maynard thanks to a mixture of a couple of signings and his undoubted ability to motivate and encourage the youngsters. Long may it continue.
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 6:40 pm
The frustrating thing about the selection policy is that unless you get some wins you are going to languish at or near the bottom of the table. You are significantly better off having a win and a loss than two draws. Without three from Hogan, TvdG, De Lange and Carey playing I do not see us taking the 20 wickets to win a game. Disappointing as it seems we might be able to score enough runs this season to get into some winning positions.
Soon see if we can take 20 wickets with this attack
By glamman
Lawlor, Douthwaite and Cullen finding it tough this morning.
By glamman
Great effort from Douthwaite and Cullen. Have hung on in there and look to be gaining confidence. Hopefully can come out after lunch and get us into a competitive position.
By Nick_Glam
Well done to Douthwaite and Cullen for getting through to lunch (albeit Cullen surviving a dropped chance).
By glamman
Everyone so far into double figures. Just missing someone going on to 3 figures.
By glamman
Difficult to be too critical of this batting effort but it would be nice to have a couple more of the lower order batsmen who could put some scoring pressure on the bowlers.
T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]

Massive queues for bag checks, no effort made to g[…]

Recently I've been reading many reports talking ab[…]