A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Not sure how we can rest both De Lange and TvdG. The attack will consist of Carey and Hogan plus some medium pacers. Hogan returning from a hamstring injury which is always at risk of recurrence especially at 38. I can only assume that Douthwaite is seen as a 3rd seamer but then who does he play instead of?
Bull? - then no forntline spinner.
Wagg? - It appears that Maynard sees him in as a permanent fixture this season.

TvdG and De Lange only bowled 14 overs between them in the Gloucs 2nd innings so have not done much sinceTuesday. You can only win Championship games by taking 20 wickets and I think one should be rested and the other play.

From the 13 man squad I assume the choices will be between Wagg and Douthwaite and Cullen and Cooke.

Anyway, good luck to Lloyd if he captains.
By exileKT8
Yes good luck to Lloyd and all the boys.

If the two home games have been on flat pitches then we may know a bit more about our new batsmen after Derby away in May against the likes of Palladino.
By Nick_Glam
Another odd squad selection...

I would be a little surprised if Cooke is fit again so soon, but hopefully he will be available.

If the pitch looks like turning then Bull obviously has to play, but otherwise Douthwaite and Wagg may well both be needed.
By Nick_Glam
According to the BBC site it seems that Douthwaite, Cullen, Salter, Carey and Hogan all come in.

Will be interesting to hear the reasons for Salter's sudden call up.

Maybe Wagg left out with half an eye on resting him as he didn't seem to do too much wrong in the last game.
By Nick_Glam
We look a bowler short again.

Douthwaite doubtless has some raw talent, but his bowling is all over the place at the moment.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 12:23 pm We look a bowler short again.

Douthwaite doubtless has some raw talent, but his bowling is all over the place at the moment.
When you look at the way Douthwaite runs in he does not look like someone who is going to be consistent. I don’t expect this attack is going to be able to bowl a team out twice for any sort of reasonable score.
By johnwales
We need to wrap them up quickly tomorrow and get a decent F.I.L. ( first innings lead )
By JamesH
Hogan comes back and takes a wicket first ball. Maybe we should have done that half an hour ago...
By Nick_Glam
I think Hogan showed his class again and well done to Carey too.

If we'd had a third seamer it would be a very different game.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 1:28 pm I think Hogan showed his class again and well done to Carey too.

If we'd had a third seamer it would be a very different game.
We have four fit frontline seamers. I do not understand why we are having to rest two of them at once? We have not had this luxury for a while. We should be taking take advantage of it and not handing back the initiative to the opposition. Makes sense to rotate, resting one of them.
By psychocandy
Bull injured last minute, Salter last minute replacement.

Got to give young lads like Douthwaite a go. He did well in that 50 over games - hes been doing college exams since.
By glamman
The batsmen all getting set but noone yet able to go on. Hopefully Root and Hemphrey can put together a more substantial partnership. Too many wafts.
Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

T20 signing for 2020

Nabi back for Kent next season for the Blast - bri[…]

The first two players released

Lawlor and Szymanski deemed surplus to requirement[…]

Maynard new 3 year deal

Maynard staying on as coach. Matthew Maynard: Gl[…]