A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
This is more like it. Wonder what Maynard said to them. Gloucs have now been in the field for more than 150 overs so it should be getting easier for the batsmen.
Last edited by glamman on Thu May 16, 2019 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bobbly4
Well played.

Very pleased to have to eat my words re earlier criticism of Labuschagne! Also well done to Selman for his highest score since 2017.
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:22 pm
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:35 pm
Surprised Gloucestershire did not bat again
Obviously they had the same belief in our batting as we do.
One completed innings is not much to base any judgement on our batting.Looks like for a positive result need to bat them out the game and see from there
By glamman
Thu May 16, 2019 6:43 pm
glamman wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:22 pm
Thu May 16, 2019 1:35 pm
Surprised Gloucestershire did not bat again
Obviously they had the same belief in our batting as we do.
One completed innings is not much to base any judgement on our batting.Looks like for a positive result need to bat them out the game and see from there
Runs from each of the top three is a major improvement on last year. So much of sport goes on between the ears so if the batsmen start believing in themselves that is half the battle.
hujon64 liked this
By hujon64
Is anyone else having trouble posting as I’ve written about 4 posts in the last few days with none showing? My last try today - great to see all of us Glam supporters giving praise for the fight back today and ‘hwyl’ shown. My optimism (hope) at the beginning of this season is still with me. Well done all - confidence growing so credit to the team and management. Also, great that the Newport outground has had lovely weather, lots of spectators apparently and seen some great performances.
By notgoingoutreprise
hujon64 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 pm
Is anyone else having trouble posting as I’ve written about 4 posts in the last few days with none showing? My last try today - great to see all of us Glam supporters giving praise for the fight back today and ‘hwyl’ shown. My optimism (hope) at the beginning of this season is still with me. Well done all - confidence growing so credit to the team and management. Also, great that the Newport outground has had lovely weather, lots of spectators apparently and seen some great performances.
Not posted much but have had no trouble doing do
By Nick_Glam
Pleased to see us showing some fight and hopefully this will boost confidence.

With the Derby game starting so soon there must be a big doubt over Cooke which would be a loss...
By johnwales
Glamorgan need a lunch time declaration if they are to stand any chance of victory. However, they must come out in T20 mode tomorrow in order to set a realistic target. It is just possible Newport will avoid the forecast rain; if so, perhaps playing for 5 points may be the wisest option....

Aneurin Donald must feel on top of the world tonight; his undefeated 16 gave him a game average of 91, which is not far short of his total aggregate for 2018. There is no point in a number 7 batsman trying to build an innings any other way than Donald does. He is the ideal man for the number 7 roll. Good luck mate......
By glamman
johnwales wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 11:14 pm
Glamorgan need a lunch time declaration if they are to stand any chance of victory. However, they must come out in T20 mode tomorrow in order to set a realistic target. It is just possible Newport will avoid the forecast rain; if so, perhaps playing for 5 points may be the wisest option....

Aneurin Donald must feel on top of the world tonight; his undefeated 16 gave him a game average of 91, which is not far short of his total aggregate for 2018. There is no point in a number 7 batsman trying to build an innings any other way than Donald does. He is the ideal man for the number 7 roll. Good luck mate......
I am not sure I fully agree. Firstly he will be coming in with a recognised batsman at the crease and secondly there are plenty of players now at 8, 9 and 10 with 50s to their name. He needs to be better than just a slogger and should be aiming to move up the order in red ball cricket. However he has never shown any ambition to do that.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:17 pm
Pleased to see us showing some fight and hopefully this will boost confidence.

With the Derby game starting so soon there must be a big doubt over Cooke which would be a loss...
No chance of Cooke playing on Sunday. Could be out for a while. Unusual in the modern game for a team not to have 2 or 3 keepers in their first team.
Wales World Champions

Ecstatic to wake up this morning after Wales becam[…]

20/20 squad

If our star Oz batsmen ( can’t spell name :[…]

There are claims that England were allocated an ex[…]

With the T20 Blast starting soon, anyone wanting t[…]