A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Same 13. Would be a wasted opportunity if we don't see Walker and Brown play. I would like to see Brown opening with Lawlor allowing Lloyd to drop down the order. He should play in place of Douthwaite. Walker could come in for TvdG or either of the other seamers who might need a rest.
Nick_Glam liked this
By johnwales
Why should any one day cricketer need a rest ? Out of bed 9.30 every day of the week, five days off per week, 15 minutes trot up to the wicket on both days, in return for pockets full of gold !!!
By glamman
johnwales wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:58 pm Why should any one day cricketer need a rest ? Out of bed 9.30 every day of the week, five days off per week, 15 minutes trot up to the wicket on both days, in return for pockets full of gold !!!
Are you just a bitter old man or do you really have no idea about what fast bowling does to a body. I suggest you read this article - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cricket/201 ... resurrect/

A recent study by Auckland University revealed that fast bowling puts the same strain on the body as a minor car crash every single ball. It also revealed a bowler puts up to eight times their body weight through their knees, back and hips every delivery, similar to the force a rugby player’s body endures in a scrum.

It is therefore not unreasonable that fast bowlers might take an opportunity to allow the minor injuries that they have most of the time to recover a bit more.
By glamman
Walker for TvdG. Disappointed that Brown not given a run out.
By glamman
Feel a bit sorry for De Lange. Has been slightly wayward and expensive as a result. But has pitched more balls up than he normally does and two catches not taken by the slips / keeper.
By JamesH
glamman wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:58 pm
runinthesun wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 1:54 pm What has happened to Hogan?
Think he has an injury.

He's also 38 now so I guess they'll be managing his workload by keeping him out of less important games.

Incidentally, Douthwaite is being clocked at mid 80s by the sky sports speed gun. I didn't think he looked that sharp in the MCCU game but anyone bowling at 85mph is encouraging. Hopefully he keeps improving now he's full-time. I'd dock him a weeks wages if he gets out stumped again though!!
By JamesH
Need another couple of wickets here or Sussex will be looking at 300 and beyond
By JamesH
glamman wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:32 pm Impressed with Carey.

Me too. Has looked very hard to get away. I don't like criticising Cooke but his bowling changes have seemed a bit all over the place today (apart from Douthwaite who took a wicket second ball!). But in fairness I think the bowlers haven't helped him. Looks a good pitch and a quick outfield so hopefully we make a good chase of it
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:03 pm
glamman wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 3:32 pm Impressed with Carey.

Me too. Has looked very hard to get away. I don't like criticising Cooke but his bowling changes have seemed a bit all over the place today (apart from Douthwaite who took a wicket second ball!). But in fairness I think the bowlers haven't helped him. Looks a good pitch and a quick outfield so hopefully we make a good chase of it
Not sure about Cooke as captain. Always an issue when the wicket keeper is in charge especially with inexperienced bowlers. Ideally want him at mid off. Not sure how expensive Labuschagne has been over the whole campaign but would have liked to have seen a more containing spinner in the side.
By JamesH
I do however like him batting at 3. Gives the side a much more balanced look when batting
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 4:10 pm I do however like him batting at 3. Gives the side a much more balanced look when batting
Yes but ideally you would want him having a bit of a sit down after keeping for 50 overs.
Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

The first two players released

Lawlor and Szymanski deemed surplus to requirement[…]