A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
Brown and Walker added to the squad for this one.

While I wouldnt necessarily expect either of them to play, it seems positive that good performances in the 2nd XI are being rewarded with call-ups to the first team squad.
By glamman
As you say, fitness permitting, I would not expect any changes to the XI today.
Watching Douthwaite on Tuesday I would have to question the rationale of giving him a 3-year contract. Most of the youngsters they have been working with for years do not get that respect. His bowling looked rather laboured with a very angled run and I need to see more of his batting to be convinced about his technique. Saying that, it's not how but how many and if he gets results it does not matter how he does it.
By Nick_Glam
An unchanged team, as expected, with Middlesex winning the toss and bowling.
By Nick_Glam
A rare solid start at 70-1.

A very short boundary could come into play though.
By glamman
Middx bowlers not really finding their line or length. Lawlor and Cooke making steady progress.
By glamman
A good start faltering. A short boundary on one side suggests 320+ might be needed. However I am sure the bowlers will come to the rescue.
By Nick_Glam
Douthwaite out stumped first ball again...and no reprieve this time. He needs to learn quickly about playing at this level.
By Nick_Glam

Good to see Hemphrey scoring some runs even if he, like many other batsmen, through his wicket away.

A fairly competitive total though.
By Nick_Glam
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Good to see Hemphrey scoring some runs even if he, like many other batsmen, through his wicket away.

A fairly competitive total though.
"threw" :doh:
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sun May 05, 2019 1:25 pm
Douthwaite out stumped first ball again...and no reprieve this time. He needs to learn quickly about playing at this level.
I find it completely mystifying as to why he has been given a 3-year contract.
By glamman
57 off 53 balls from Donald opening the batting agin today, so doing what is asked of him by Hampshire.
Wales World Champions

Ecstatic to wake up this morning after Wales becam[…]

20/20 squad

If our star Oz batsmen ( can’t spell name :[…]

There are claims that England were allocated an ex[…]

With the T20 Blast starting soon, anyone wanting t[…]