A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By hujon64
Thoroughly enjoyed that. Great to listen to Captain Cooke back to the form of which we know he’s capable. Also, our new signing, Root, proving his worth yet again. Very memorable baptism for Douthwaite and Wagg, scoring rapidly as always. Enjoyed listening to the articulate and knowledgeable Steve James and hoping for a good performance by our bowlers. Pleased that different people are being given a chance to cement a place and definitely a different mindset noticeable amongst the players. More competition for places can only be a good thing so optimism for all the loyal supporters! Keep it up!
By glamman
Great batting from Cooke and Root. Think we will still have to bowl well.
Douthwaite not getting much of a chance to show his batting skills. Wonder if he will get a bowl.
By glamman
Webb just said that Carey was in because of an injury to Hogan. Personally would select him ahead of Hogan at the moment. Carey bowled well up front in his last game - struggled when he came back.
By glamman
Great start from Carey and De Lange. Will be even happier when Dent gone given what he has done to us in the past.
By exileKT8
Very comfortable win which we don`t say often, two in a row which we don`t say often. De Lange, Wagg and Root again prominent who are of course effectively three new players this season. Well done Cooke and Carey also. Without getting carried away dare we hope this is a sign of better things to come.
hujon64 liked this
By hujon64
Like ExileKT8 I feel a definite sense of optimism this season. Seems a much more focused and determined squad with two very good performances. How annoying that we only lost by 2 runs to Somerset as we could have been in contention. However onwards and upwards, I hope. Well done team and outstanding by our Captain and new signing Root. Early days, of course, but dare I suggest that Maynard has instilled some confidence and self belief in the players.
exileKT8, Nick_Glam liked this
By exileKT8
hujon64, like many of us on here I have supported dear old Glammy long enough that definite sense of optimism may be a bit strong. Definite sense of hope perhaps and you are right Carey and TVDG got us close to another win.
Nick_Glam liked this
By Nick_Glam
A sense of hope is right and it is nice to be able to say some positive things about the players and coaching staff after having to be so critical last season and before.
By ffynnongarw
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:55 am
Debut for Douthwaite and no surprise to see Carey back in for Hogan. Assume they have lost patience with Carlson. Seems to be going down the same route as Donald.
I am not quite sure if Douthwaite is primarily a batsman or a bowler. I guess Glamorgan are hoping it's the former as we have plenty of all-rounders.
Still no front-line spinner. Morgan with 6/21 yesterday but am not sure he is seen as a front-line spinner - however am not sure therefore what he is seen as? We have a number of 2nd XI players who can bat and bowl quite well but not quite well enough.
A little unfair to compare Donald with Carlson. Carlson is in the middle of a challenging engineering degree at University. Studying engineering at a leading institution is not easy with substantial lecture and lab work necessary. He does very well to conduct the two activities in parallel.
Nick_Glam liked this
By glamman
ffynnongarw wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:29 pm
glamman wrote:
Debut for Douthwaite and no surprise to see Carey back in for Hogan. Assume they have lost patience with Carlson. Seems to be going down the same route as Donald.
I am not quite sure if Douthwaite is primarily a batsman or a bowler. I guess Glamorgan are hoping it's the former as we have plenty of all-rounders.
Still no front-line spinner. Morgan with 6/21 yesterday but am not sure he is seen as a front-line spinner - however am not sure therefore what he is seen as? We have a number of 2nd XI players who can bat and bowl quite well but not quite well enough.
A little unfair to compare Donald with Carlson. Carlson is in the middle of a challenging engineering degree at University. Studying engineering at a leading institution is not easy with substantial lecture and lab work necessary. He does very well to conduct the two activities in parallel.
My understanding is he is no longer doing the Civil Engineering degree and is doing something with less demands hence his availability for this year’s games during term. It would still make more sense for him to prioritise his degree at this time.
By glamman
glamman wrote:
Does not appear that Morgan is thought of as a bowler as despite his figures from Monday he has only just come on to bowl in the 66th over of the innings today.
Wales World Champions

Ecstatic to wake up this morning after Wales becam[…]

20/20 squad

If our star Oz batsmen ( can’t spell name :[…]

There are claims that England were allocated an ex[…]

With the T20 Blast starting soon, anyone wanting t[…]