A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Salter no longer in the squad. Odd as he had the best figures from the 2nd XI game yesterday. Lawlor to start. Will be interesting to see how his bowling stacks up. Squad of Cooke, Lloyd, Lawlor, Labuschagne, Hemphrey, Root, Carey, Hogan, de Lange, vd Gugten, Wagg, Carlson. Assume it will be between Hogan and TvdG.
Showers forecast but should be enough play for a game.
By glamman
Not a great shot from Lawlor swinging across the line at a good ball from Podmore.
By glamman
I think there is going to be a significant advantage batting second in this game.
By glamman
13/1 off 7 overs is not exactly racing along. 5 of those are wides! Cannot understand why Lloyd did not open and let Lawlor settle in down the order.
By JamesH
68-2 from 15 overs. Off for rain again. Would be surprised if this game has a finish.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:18 pm
13/1 off 7 overs is not exactly racing along. 5 of those are wides! Cannot understand why Lloyd did not open and let Lawlor settle in down the order.
Very unfair to make Lawlor open, although I guess he would prefer that to not being selected.

Lawlored - a new definition for ' sacrificial lamb '.
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:09 pm
glamman wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:18 pm
Very unfair to make Lawlor open, although I guess he would prefer that to not being selected.

Lawlored - a new definition for ' sacrificial lamb '.
Didn't the same thing happen to him when he was first brought into the Championship team a few years ago?

Not sure whether they will get a finish in this game. Rain stopped now but I do not know how long they can play until. Lights are allowed to be on. If they do get out there I imagine Kent will have a fairly simple run chase. I do not understand why we chose to bat first.
By johnwales
Congratulations Glamorgan in picking up your first points in the London Cup....
By glamman
Interesting comments by Cooke: "We needed a bit of a re-jig in the batting order with a couple of guys still finding their feet in this format, but it's hard to say how it's gone after such a short game,"

So throw Lawlor in to open! :pray: :no:
Wales World Champions

Ecstatic to wake up this morning after Wales becam[…]

20/20 squad

If our star Oz batsmen ( can’t spell name :[…]

There are claims that England were allocated an ex[…]

With the T20 Blast starting soon, anyone wanting t[…]