A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
Bubbles wrote: ↑
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:51 am
I do not see where this is going?
Comparing Maynard and Metson as cricketers both provided periods of brilliance for Glamorgan. Their subsequent periods of employment with Glamorgan were miles apart. Maynard was progressing well as a coach before Russell, Metson and Hamer decided to ,without consultation,employ Alviro Petersen, without Maynard's input as head coach. This resulted in Matthew walking away and at the time the loss of a great prospective talent in Tom followed. Metson was quite quickly moved sidewards and downwards before being shown the door. There were numerous incidents of how Metson was shown to be out of his depth and certainly at that time attracted major criticism. I would say the use of the word" idiot " is mild to say other expletives I have heard.
I know that Maynard is struggling at present but do not see how he can be classed in your eyes as an "idiot"?
Where is Metson now? Is he still involved in cricket?

Where did I say/infer, or " class " Maynard as " an idiot " ?

Perhaps you could now acknowledge that your use of the word idiot was regrettable, and put an end to this rather pointless discussion.

The acid test for a keyboard warrior is simply this. Would you call Metson an " idiot " to his face ?
By Bubbles
Vetchetarian. I do not want to get in to a personal spat with you. I appreciate that you want to take the moral high ground but I can assure you that I am not a "keyboard warrior "as you insuate and take offence at being labelled such. You do not know me but I can assure you that in this instance that I have spoken with Colin Meson and aired my views forcibly to him.
As I mention earlier a Forum" is a place for us to speak our minds and give opinion. We will not always agree but should lead to debate which is why I Choose to use this forum.
If the word "idiot" offended you I apologise but I will still continue to have my opinion.
Nick_Glam liked this
By Vetchetarian
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:37 am
Vetchetarian. I do not want to get in to a personal spat with you. I appreciate that you want to take the moral high ground but I can assure you that I am not a "keyboard warrior "as you insuate and take offence at being labelled such. You do not know me but I can assure you that in this instance that I have spoken with Colin Meson and aired my views forcibly to him.
As I mention earlier a Forum" is a place for us to speak our minds and give opinion. We will not always agree but should lead to debate which is why I Choose to use this forum.
If the word "idiot" offended you I apologise but I will still continue to have my opinion.
The word " idiot " doesn't offend me. Since it wasn't aimed at me, no need to apologise. You clearly dislike Metson, and that's your prerogative, but to do so contemptuously on a public forum leaves you open to criticism, which you are clearly having a problem dealing with.

Speaking your mind and giving an opinion is fine. Openly insulting an individual who is unable to respond is the behaviour of keyboard warriors. If you don't wish to be seen as one, don't behave as one.

So, you have called him an " idiot " to his face then ?
By Bubbles
Where have I said I dislike MetsonI? I have commented on his wicket keeping ability which you clearly do not agree with and on his administrative career which is publicly regarded as being well short of what was expected. For your information I have called Metson far worse than an idiot to his face but should not have to explain myself to you. It would be nice to see some positive resolutions to our problems being aired. Too many fans wallowing in the past.πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ™„πŸ€‘
Nick_Glam liked this
By Vetchetarian
Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:20 pm
Where have I said I dislike MetsonI? I have commented on his wicket keeping ability which you clearly do not agree with and on his administrative career which is publicly regarded as being well short of what was expected. For your information I have called Metson far worse than an idiot to his face but should not have to explain myself to you. It would be nice to see some positive resolutions to our problems being aired. Too many fans wallowing in the past.πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ™„πŸ€‘
My previous posts more than adequately cover my position on this matter.
Thanks for your input.
By Bubbles
Yesterday I was pulled up by the flashing blue light of the Glamorgan fans forum police and warned by the self appointed chief officer that my conduct would not be tolerated. I was charged with being a "keyboard warrior" and for using a foul and abusive five letter word "i***t.
I accept all charges thrown at me and have decided to cease my activity on this forum. This is obviously a site to reminisce and say how wonderful things were many moons ago. Sadly the users of this forum may drop down to single figures but I am sure you can post scores regularly and do your bit for the club.
No longer the site for me spoilt by cricketing dinosaurs. Bob lwc!
By Vetchetarian
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:38 am
Yesterday I was pulled up by the flashing blue light of the Glamorgan fans forum police and warned by the self appointed chief officer that my conduct would not be tolerated. I was charged with being a "keyboard warrior" and for using a foul and abusive five letter word "i***t.
I accept all charges thrown at me and have decided to cease my activity on this forum. This is obviously a site to reminisce and say how wonderful things were many moons ago. Sadly the users of this forum may drop down to single figures but I am sure you can post scores regularly and do your bit for the club.
No longer the site for me spoilt by cricketing dinosaurs. Bob lwc!
I had hoped to end my involvement with what had become a nonsensical thread, but this needed replying to.

" idiot " is not " a foul and abusive word ". Abusive for sure, and it's indiscrimate use from the safety of your keyboard was, in my opinion, unnecessary, and uncalled for. You clearly feel that I have somehow abused your right to insult others. Sorry you feel that way.

" This is obviously a site .... many moons ago ". What a load of tosh. Where did you get that nonsense from ? Grow up, admit you were out of order in calling Metson an " idiot " , and move on. Learn something from the experience. Show some respect. You may get some in return.

" cricketing dinosaurs ". More tosh.

Good luck finding a new home. Try the football forums. Anything goes there.
By Bubbles
I was going to leave gracefully but reading your load of "tosh" has left me no alternative to reply. Since when have you been the judge and jury on what people can and cannot say that is purely the right of the individual. As I have stated on many occasions you can have your opinion but it does not make you right. You obviously visit football sites as you seem to know what goes on there. I do not. I have found you to be an opinionated individual who thinks that whatever comes out of your mouth is right. I would also question your cricketing knowledge if you think Eifion Jones is one of the best wicketkeepers in our history. in my opinion purely a stopper who could bat a bit!
Somerset T20

So first four overs and last one we score 83 and i[…]

Gloucestershire T20

Funny time to have - 230pm on a Friday afternoon..[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]