A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
On a good batting wicket with a short outfield we are probably 30 or 40 short, but much better than it could have been.

Lloyd, Root, Wagg and Carey all deserve some praise.

Some mindless batting though from Carlson, Cooke, de Lange etc.

Thanks must go to Donald for dropping a catch. :)
By glamman
Probably not enough but did well to bat out the 50 overs and reach a total they can at least have a chance of defending. Looks a good batting track with nothign much for the bowlers. Most of the wickets due to batting mistakes.
By glamman
Interestingly the top 6 batsmen scored 131 and the bottom 5 150. Same old same old. :)
By Nick_Glam
Hampshire cruising and again showing the gulf between Div 1 and 2.

We probably should be picking a frontline spinner though...
By djronnieb65
Another sub standard performance again
I have to agree on why we are not playing a recognised spinner and just using part timers
A class spinner has been missing since Crofty retired
The gap between the 2 sides today is quite big and proving once again we have a long way to go just to be competitive
I think that it’s unlikely that we will progress further in this cup and we won’t get promotion in the 4 day
We could do with Ingram badly and hopefully we will have him for t20
The bright spark in the team is Billy Root and he looks a great addition to the team
Ah well roll on Somerset
By Vetchetarian
Two matches , and two defeats. Well, actually, two crushing defeats.
Too many bit players in the camp, and very little real substance.
I read above that it's Somerset next, and they just annihilated Kent.
Ah well. :)
By hujon64
Another disappointment. Batsmen overall performed better this match but, this season, our bowlers seem to be somewhat of a concern at present. However feel some praise for Wagg is due in his benefit season - a true competitor who never gives up and scored well again today - wishing him every success in raising lots.
By Bubbles
It's quite easy when we are on a slippery slope to look for quick fixes. I feel that although more youngsters are coming through than even before the quality does not seem to be there. Are these youngsters not driven enough or quite happy just to play? I have mentioned earlier that there are 39 county boards run by ECB. Should we be targeting counties that do not have a professional team eg Herefordshire, Shropshire to name two that are on our doorstep and target perhaps 15 year olds with some form of contract. A full time scout should be funded to do this job and hopefully unearth some raw talent . I note that Tom Banton of Somerset who is 20 scored a century yesterday which should have our youngsters taking note and wanting to do the same. How much of it is mindset?
By Nick_Glam
Bubbles wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:38 am
It's quite easy when we are on a slippery slope to look for quick fixes. I feel that although more youngsters are coming through than even before the quality does not seem to be there. Are these youngsters not driven enough or quite happy just to play? I have mentioned earlier that there are 39 county boards run by ECB. Should we be targeting counties that do not have a professional team eg Herefordshire, Shropshire to name two that are on our doorstep and target perhaps 15 year olds with some form of contract. A full time scout should be funded to do this job and hopefully unearth some raw talent . I note that Tom Banton of Somerset who is 20 scored a century yesterday which should have our youngsters taking note and wanting to do the same. How much of it is mindset?
The commentators yesterday (probably Kevan James and Alan Butcher) were discussing this. Basically they said that playing in a losing side can just beat you up and that's probably what has happened to a lot of our youngsters.
By psychocandy
Poor batting again by our batsmen. At least Wagg saved us a bit.

Hants knocked off the runs easily though. If they'd batted first they'd have scored 450.

Lovely ground though.
By psychocandy
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 am
I note that Donald is absent from the Hants team today.
Dropped an easy catch against us......
By notgoingoutreprise
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:08 am
I note that Donald is absent from the Hants team today.
Looking like a one innings wonder,shame because he has talent but obviously not the temperament
Wales World Champions

Ecstatic to wake up this morning after Wales becam[…]

20/20 squad

If our star Oz batsmen ( can’t spell name :[…]

There are claims that England were allocated an ex[…]

With the T20 Blast starting soon, anyone wanting t[…]