A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Not surprised to see the same 13 as not many other options in this format from our current squad. Difficult to see how Salter and TvdG can be left out but it's the batting that remains an issue. I would bat first if I won the toss with the current weather forecast so they aren't facing a daunting total to chase.
By johnwales
I would bat first in most scenarios to be honest. It is a psychological barrier facing the chasing side once the opposition pass 300 runs. And the team batting first does have a level of freedom in setting a target.

Glamorgan need a good win here; they are currently positioned in a familiar area of both formats which is very disappointing. Let 's hope Aneurin Donald continues his current run of form. It would be ironic if he chose his old county to smash a double century. Another failure could well result in a struggle to play in the 2nd X1.
By glamman
johnwales wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:11 pm
I would bat first in most scenarios to be honest. It is a psychological barrier facing the chasing side once the opposition pass 300 runs. And the team batting first does have a level of freedom in setting a target.

Glamorgan need a good win here; they are currently positioned in a familiar area of both formats which is very disappointing. Let 's hope Aneurin Donald continues his current run of form. It would be ironic if he chose his old county to smash a double century. Another failure could well result in a struggle to play in the 2nd X1.
Let’s hope most people on this site do not share your desire for a young person to fail in his chosen career.
By Bubbles
We must get back to the days of having a game plan. It used to be get runs on the board and defend it. However we do not have a similar Croft and Cosker to turn the screw. We are therefefore looking for the other side's batsmen to fail which unfortunately rarely happens and try to bowl the opposition out cheaply. The last group of matches showed that sides batting first knocked 300 plus and winning handsomely. Surely at this early stage are we not backing our batsmen? Let's put our cards on the table and see what we come up with. By the way De Lange seems to leak runs when he used to be quite economical. Pace given up for line and length.
glamman, Vetchetarian liked this
By Nick_Glam
An unchanged side, I think.

I can see the logic in telling the same players to prove that it was a once off, but a huge improvement needed.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:38 am
An unchanged side, I think.

I can see the logic in telling the same players to prove that it was a once off, but a huge improvement needed.
No options regarding batting but TvdG and Salter could have expected an opportunity
By Nick_Glam
A very fine 100 partnership which maybe caused Root to lose concentration...

Need to start again...
By Nick_Glam
A terrible, terrible run out with Carlson leaving Lloyd high and dry. A wicket thrown away...
By Nick_Glam
A disastrous innings from Carlson...he was lucky to survive as long as he did.
By exileKT8
The lack of quality opener(s) continues to hold us back. We can only imagine options were looked at over the winter. I like Mescede and have said he could do a job at 5/6 but not opening against bowlers like Abbott, Hemphrey too is a big ask. What do we reckon 100 runs too light.

I've just come across this - which might interest […]

CC v Sussex

Another good start with Sussex at 68-6, but... wh[…]

Derbyshire

Not sure how we can rest both De Lange and TvdG. T[…]

Sussex

Tuesday game on Sky TV !!!!