A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
hujon64 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:59 pm
Seemed a very sensible move to include the first team players who need the practice in batting before Thursday’s game. Disappointing that they haven’t ‘thrived’. I presume Lawlor is in for Meschede who’s injured (would probably have replaced him anyway) but will there be any other changes? I would expect Maynard to be at the 2nds game today but, realistically, no one seems to be standing out to get a chance in the first team and we can only work with what we have. Frustrating, but can’t expect miracles!
On another note, someone mentioned a week or so ago Iron Mike who seemed to attend lots of games and give balanced views from a spectator’s perspective. I really liked to read his comments - does anyone know where he is?
Iron Mike's match reports were always readable and well received.
Hope he's O.K.
By glamman
Doesn't seem anything wrong with the pitch as they are 59/0 off 5 overs. :)
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:10 pm
Glam have signed Dan Douthwaite,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/48024110

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that he had already been signed up by Warwickshire.
Has been playing previously for Warwickshire 2s but obviously not signed a contract. Interesting to see where he fits in. Hopefully he can take his batting forward but at first sight he looks like a player we already have quite a few of. Is he someone who can bat in the top 4?
By JamesH
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:28 pm
Vetchetarian wrote:

I'm sure I read somewhere on here that he had already been signed up by Warwickshire.
Has been playing previously for Warwickshire 2s but obviously not signed a contract. Interesting to see where he fits in. Hopefully he can take his batting forward but at first sight he looks like a player we already have quite a few of. Is he someone who can bat in the top 4?

In a word, no. He's batted at 5, 7 and 8 for Cardiff MCCU in their red-ball games this year and last season batted for Dorking CC at 4 in Surrey Championship Div 2. Runs and wickets in the 2nd XI is the main aim for this young man in 2019 I'd assume
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:28 pm
Vetchetarian wrote:

Presumably Warwickshire had a good look at him, and decided not to take him on board.
By glamman
Salter with 10 overs for just 35 runs the pick of the bowlers as Somerset reach the target in 26.2 overs for the loss of 3 wickets.
By hujon64
I thought Douthwaite had been signed by Warwickshire too but, obviously, only in talks. Maybe Glamorgan made a better offer as a three year contract is a pretty good incentive. Studying in Cardiff, too, so may have accommodation, friends, girlfriend, like the city, know lots of people including current Glamorgan youngsters, etc.
Maynard and Wallace are quite active in the signings so let’s hope they turn out to be as good as when Maynard brought in Allenby and Dalrymple. Disappointing from 2s today but interesting to see what the team is against Kent.
By glamman
hujon64 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:11 pm
I thought Douthwaite had been signed by Warwickshire too but, obviously, only in talks. Maybe Glamorgan made a better offer as a three year contract is a pretty good incentive. Studying in Cardiff, too, so may have accommodation, friends, girlfriend, like the city, know lots of people including current Glamorgan youngsters, etc.
Maynard and Wallace are quite active in the signings so let’s hope they turn out to be as good as when Maynard brought in Allenby and Dalrymple. Disappointing from 2s today but interesting to see what the team is against Kent.
Surely Salter has to play?
By JamesH
2nd XI in action today against Gloucestershire at Bedminster CC. Team is:

NJ Selman
TN Cullen†
CR Brown
RAJ Smith
AO Morgan
CZ Taylor
AG Salter*
P Sisodiya
RI Walker
JM Cooke
KB Syzmanski
By Nick_Glam
A rare good start as Selman and Cullen have put on 50+ so far...

11 wides and 4 runs from no balls suggests some very poor bowling though.
By glamman
Pleased that the website is giving the 2nds some recognition.
By JamesH
2s finish on 327/7. Connor Brown out for 113 and well supported by pretty much everyone else. A special mention for sundries (33) including 20 wides and 10 no-balls.
By glamman
For those on Donald watch, he isn't playing for Hants 2s today. Hampshire playing Surrey tomorrow so he may be involved in that.

A new face in our 2s today - Joe Cooke, a 21-year-old pace bowler from Hertfordshire. Four 1st class games for Durham MCCU taking 3 wickets at 103 each. Going at 7.5 runs/over today.
By glamman
The bowlers seem to have gained control over a strong looking Gloucs batting line up with Hankins, Cockbain and Tavare all out. Gloucs 173/4 after 35.5 chasing 328.
Recruitment

Glamorgan have signed a 29 year old Queensland bat[…]

Champ v Lancs

Back to the champ and another odd squad announced […]

Gloucestershie 4 day game

Am quite excited to see if the performances in the[…]

Derbyshire

Not sure how we can rest both De Lange and TvdG. T[…]