A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:42 pm Heading off for a couple of days in East Kent and taking the game in Wednesday, BBC weather looks very nice for tomorrow but Wednesday looks bad and seems to be getting worse. Grounds for optimism Glammy fans, due to our good record in London I cannot remember Mrs Exile seeing us lose. Let`s hope there is a full game and that run continues. Pretty slim basis for our recovery I know but fingers crossed.
Would be worth taking the short trip to Arundel on Thursday. Beautiful place to watch cricket and hopefully Glamorgan winning a trophy.
By glamman
Just seen that Hameed scored 159 no for Lancs 2nds yesterday. Assume he will be playing in Colwyn Bay next week.
By glamman
glamman wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:34 am After the miserable time the 1st team have had in T20 this season it would be great for the 2nds to come out on top.

Notts, Hants and Durham also involved. Durham have a 1st team T20 that day so should not have any 1st team players involved. Notts and Hants have no game on Wed or Thurs but both are playing at home on Fri night so have the ability to field some 1st team players on Thursday. Both have fielded a number of 1st team players during the 2nd team competition this season.

Glamorgan are playing Wed and Fri so are limited as to who could play on Thursday, but they are all in the South East of England. The forecast for Wed looks pretty miserable and if the game is rained off you might think Marsh would want some time in the middle. Not sure where Hogan is with his niggle but Smith and Carey might also want a run out although they may want to wrap Smith up with his injury problems. Douthwaite could certainly play on Thursday and players such as Lawlor, Morgan and Taylor I am sure will play.
The players I think will play on Thursday:
Selman
Lawlor
Hemphrey
Cullen
Brown
Douthwaite
Morgan
Taylor
Sisodiya
Walker
Szymanski
May be Carlson
May be Smith but less likely
and then there are the others who have been trialling - Reingold, Cooke

Some players with good performances in this competition behind them so hopefully they can bring it home and if they do maybe it will get some coverage on the website :)
Forgot Root so batting gets stronger. Feel a bit sorry for Taylor as he is missing out and looks unlikely to play for the 1st team tomorrow.
By glamman
I would also have thought it would be sensible for Marsh to play for the 2s today otherwise it looks like the only time he will get in the middle before Colwyn Bay is the couple of balls he faced last Sunday. I don't think the forecast for tomorrow night is any better than last night. However good a player he might be, that is not enough preparation.
By glamman
Great start by Selman and Lawlor - 40/0 off 4 having been put in.
Strong batting line up and spin options but not too many seamers.
By glamman
Lawlor 35 off 17 - I am sure when Zaman goes back Lawlor will open in the remaining T20s. Given Zaman's performances you could make a case for Lawlor coming in tomorrow.
61/0 off six
By glamman
Cullen out for an excellent 41 off 23 balls and then Root faces 4 dot balls - Hopefully his struggles in T20 will not continue into the red ball games. Hopefully the innings will not stall given that we are in such a good position.
By glamman
Root out for 1 off 6 balls - not great. However Selman still striking the ball well - now on 76 off 52.
By glamman
23 runs from the 19th over and Selman reaches an excellent century off just 59 balls.
13 runs off the 20th and we finish on 204/4 - a tough total to have to chase under the pressure of a semi-final. Selman ends on 115 no off 66 balls.
Good luck to the bowlers.
By glamman
Notts look very much a 2nd XI line up but with a couple of familiar names at the top of the order - the experienced Chris Nash and Ben Slater
By glamman
Szymanski with 2 wickets in the 3rd over and at 8/3 Notts are in trouble.
By glamman
Walker joining in and he now has 2 wickets. At 20/4 off 6 overs I think it is all over and Glam 2s move on to the final. Well done!
I do not understand why you would not want to bat first especially given the sudden death nature of this game.
By glamman
A superb final over from Walker conceding just 6 runs sees the 2s win by 1 run, defending 122. He finished with 3/17 while Hemphrey had 1/19 and Morgan 1/23.
Root made up for the first game with a steady 49 off 47 balls, holding the innings together.
Well done to all involved - silverware!!!!!
exileKT8 liked this
By exileKT8
Thanks for the updates, well done to all concerned. Selman might be unlucky not to have played this season. Ironic that Glammy win the 2nd XI competition whilst the 1st XI likely to go the season without a win. Has any other county managed that previously.

Had a smile yesterday in this age of clean living, fitness programmed modern professional sportman to see two Glammy boys in Canterbury High Street smoking.
Kent

Nick Webb has reported that Carlson has replaced M[…]

2nd XI

Absolutely pathetic from the Glamorgan media that […]

Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]