A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Another strong Hants batting line up in the 2nd game including Donald, Northeast and Holland. Sisodiya strikes with the first ball.
By JamesH
I like Sisodiya and genuinely think he has the potential to play in all 3 formats for Glamorgan. He turns 21 this year so hopefully he'll be more involved with the first team squad towards the end of the season and into next year.
By JamesH
Szymanski just been taken for 30 in a over by Sam Northeast!
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:57 pm Szymanski just been taken for 30 in a over by Sam Northeast!
Ouch!
By exileKT8
Douthwaite decent contributions with bat and ball. Mescede with the bat and Sisodiya only others putting their hands on the basis of the scorecards.
By JamesH
The 2nd XI have started their 3 day fixture against Hampshire a day late - yesterday was a washout.

Hemphrey as a fifth bowler has taken 3-13 from 9 overs. 4 maidens. Pleased for him but I don't think he'd be anything other than a last resort in the County Championship. In a way I'd like to see a genuine bowling option or one of the younger kids getting overs under their belts. But well bowled to the new dad!

Anyway, Hampshire are 150-6 after being 135-2, so it's been a good hour after lunch for the boys.
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm The 2nd XI have started their 3 day fixture against Hampshire a day late - yesterday was a washout.

Hemphrey as a fifth bowler has taken 3-13 from 9 overs. 4 maidens. Pleased for him but I don't think he'd be anything other than a last resort in the County Championship. In a way I'd like to see a genuine bowling option or one of the younger kids getting overs under their belts. But well bowled to the new dad!

Anyway, Hampshire are 150-6 after being 135-2, so it's been a good hour after lunch for the boys.
Hemphrey has taken 2 Championship wickets this season.
By JamesH
glamman wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:01 pm
JamesH wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:45 pm The 2nd XI have started their 3 day fixture against Hampshire a day late - yesterday was a washout.

Hemphrey has taken 2 Championship wickets this season.

Correct, at an average of 67, though slightly lower than his career average of 68.12.
By glamman
On paper it looks a strong batting line up today as they chase 364 after 2 declarations:
NJ Selman
CR Hemphrey
CR Brown
KS Carlson
CAJ Meschede
TN Cullen
JM Cooke
By glamman
Interesting to see Arun Harinath playing for Hants 2s as he was playing for Surrey 2s in June. He's now 32 and has not played for Surrey 1st XI this season. Top order batsman averaging 31. Might be attractive to a Div 2 county.
By glamman
Selman and Hemphrey seem to be digging in. No obvious urgency at the moment. 49/0 after 22 overs.
By glamman
Despite the strong batting line up and the lack of any great threats in the Hampshire bowling it looks as though we are digging in for the draw.
By glamman
Great to see Carlson scoring some runs. Currently 48* alongside Cooke who seems to be a regular contributor with the bat in the 2s.
By exileKT8
Runs for Selman and Cullen.

Wickets galore for Smith who can`t do much more to get picked.
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:38 pm Runs for Selman and Cullen.

Wickets galore for Smith who can`t do much more to get picked.
Squad for tomorrow includes Carlson who scored 30 off 16 balls in the first of the 2s games today and Hogan. Douthwaite drops out. Morgan retains his place having scored 23 off 28 balls earlier today. Cannot see him playing tomorrow and assume Carlson will come in with Taylor and Lawlor missing out. Interestingly Taylor did not bowl today.
The other player whose place must be under threat is Root.
CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

www.glamorgancricket.com/news/13-man-squad-named-f[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]