A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:28 am
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:21 am
Demotion is probably not the right word. If you look at the sides the 2s come up against it is not uncommon for them to contain 1st XI players getting practice if the timetable permits.
That's another way of looking at it.

Demotion, or even dismissal, usually follows continuous poor performance, in the real world, anyway.

No one can really argue that they don't deserve demotion.
Given the lack of options I imagine that they will be playing on Thursday. Only casualty might be Carlson if someone else scores runs in the next two days. Watching the team play there seems to be a lack of a clear plan or if there is one it's "just go out swinging and don't worry about getting yourself set". 50 overs is plenty of time to build an innings and attack later on with wickets in hand.
Wonder if Salter will play today or is he getting set to sit his drinks carrying diploma?
By Nick_Glam
I think it's a very smart move by Maynard. It puts them under a bit of pressure and hopefully the two guys who have just arrived can get some time in the middle.

Our 2nd XI quite often have very few genuine batsmen available so this will give the team a more balanced look.
By glamman
Today's XI
JL Lawlor
M Labuschagne
CR Hemphrey
CR Brown
KS Carlson
AO Morgan
TN Cullen†
AG Salter*
R Walker
KA Bull
KB Syzmanski
By JamesH
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:04 am
Today's XI
JL Lawlor
M Labuschagne
CR Hemphrey
CR Brown
KS Carlson
AO Morgan
TN Cullen†
AG Salter*
R Walker
KA Bull
KB Syzmanski
Labuschagne out for 8, Hemphrey out for 5. Glammy 2s are 41/3. Lawlor the other batsman out for 21. Carlson and Brown the men in looking to build a score.

http://live.nvplay.com/ecb/#m4657e052-d ... aa1297c419
By glamman
I had not noticed that Steven Davies is not playing in the Somerset 50-over side and is playing for their 2s today. Still only 32. Has been playing in their 4 day matches
By glamman
Labuschagne, Hemphrey and Carlson all out for a combined total of 23.
By Nick_Glam
And Carlson fails as well...

Lawlor's 21 isn't exactly a huge score, but it doesn't look so bad compared with the rest. I wonder whether he will get a game against Kent...
By Nick_Glam
Must be quite a boost for Gilchrist, aged 18, to dismiss an Aussie international. Even if that fact that international plays for us cheapens it a little. :shifty:
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:51 am
And Carlson fails as well...

Lawlor's 21 isn't exactly a huge score, but it doesn't look so bad compared with the rest. I wonder whether he will get a game against Kent...
The BBC website report on the make up of today's 2nd XI side has the paragraph:
"Jeremy Lawlor will make his Glamorgan limited-overs debut against Kent."

Seems fairly clear.
Nick_Glam liked this
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:00 pm
Must be quite a boost for Gilchrist, aged 18, to dismiss an Aussie international. Even if that fact that international plays for us cheapens it a little. :shifty:
Has gone at 7.2 runs per over. Seems that the mindset for our batsmen is not one of caution and building an innings. Not a new problem.
By glamman
Wickets continue to fall - Brown out for 31 and Morgan for 16. An 18-year-old seamer doing the damage with 3/20.
No Selman in the side today.
By hujon64
Seemed a very sensible move to include the first team players who need the practice in batting before Thursday’s game. Disappointing that they haven’t ‘thrived’. I presume Lawlor is in for Meschede who’s injured (would probably have replaced him anyway) but will there be any other changes? I would expect Maynard to be at the 2nds game today but, realistically, no one seems to be standing out to get a chance in the first team and we can only work with what we have. Frustrating, but can’t expect miracles!
On another note, someone mentioned a week or so ago Iron Mike who seemed to attend lots of games and give balanced views from a spectator’s perspective. I really liked to read his comments - does anyone know where he is?
By glamman
Salter must have a chance of coming in particularly if he manufactures some sort of recovery with the tail.
Not getting any easier as Jack Leach now bowling!
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 11:50 am
Labuschagne, Hemphrey and Carlson all out for a combined total of 23.
Do we have a third team they can get some more practice with ? :)
Somerset T20

So first four overs and last one we score 83 and i[…]

Gloucestershire T20

Funny time to have - 230pm on a Friday afternoon..[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]

Live Stream!

Hopefully for all T20 games https://www.glamorgan[…]