A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:44 pm
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:38 pm 169 to win - Did not make that batting first in the previous game but hopefully will get there.

The two young seamers a tad expensive :doh: Batting line up does not look as strong this game, should be an entertaining chase
No fun being a bowler in this format. Bowlers win these competitions.
By JamesH
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:49 pm
JamesH wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:44 pm
glamman wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:38 pm 169 to win - Did not make that batting first in the previous game but hopefully will get there.

The two young seamers a tad expensive :doh: Batting line up does not look as strong this game, should be an entertaining chase
No fun being a bowler in this format. Bowlers win these competitions.

Any idea who JM Cooke is? Has started his innings with 38 from 15 balls...
By glamman
Has been playing a lot of the season. Seemed to start out mostly as a seam bowler but has been opening the batting more recently. Cannot remember what I was told about his background.
By glamman
Tight finish - 11 needed off 7 balls with Morgan 48 no
By glamman
A maximum from Taylor off the 2nd ball of the final over and another from Morgan off the 5th sealed a win with a ball to spare. Morgan finishes on 55* off 34 balls. Can he replicate this for the 1st XI?

Two close games with strong Glamorgan line ups against very much a Kent 2nd team. However hopefully some confidence gained.
By gmdf
Well played Glamorgan. Given Kent's form in this competition I'd have hoped for at least one victory, but two narrow defeats against a strong team isn't too awful.

It will be interesting to see what team Kent have out tomorrow for the 3 day game.
Nick_Glam liked this
By Nick_Glam
JamesH wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:06 pm

Any idea who JM Cooke is? Has started his innings with 38 from 15 balls...
I think it was mentioned on the commentary that Hogan recommended him to us.
By Nick_Glam
Good that a few of our younger players scored runs...

Meschede and Carlson still struggling with the bat though.
By JamesH
After an outing for a lot of first teamers yesterday, the team for the 3-day game against Kent 2s looks very much like a 2nd XI.

Reingold, JM Cooke, Brown, Carlson, Cullen*†, Meschede, Taylor, Machado, Walker, Sisodiya, Szymanski, Russell.

Interesting to see that Cullen is captain. No Lawlor, Morgan, Salter, so I assume they're training with the 1st XI ahead of Friday but I don't know how these things work. :thinking:
By gmdf
And the Kent squad is:

Rouse*+, Compton, Kimber, Gordon, O'Riordan, Dilkes, Houllion, Lysaught, Karvelas, Watson, Sheikh, Scott

Very much the same as the team playing yesterday (Houillon is a schoolboy from Sevenoaks who made a fifty on his 2nd XI debut last week; Scott., Dilkes & Gordon are all int he Kent Academy).
By glamman
JamesH wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:03 am After an outing for a lot of first teamers yesterday, the team for the 3-day game against Kent 2s looks very much like a 2nd XI.

Reingold, JM Cooke, Brown, Carlson, Cullen*†, Meschede, Taylor, Machado, Walker, Sisodiya, Szymanski, Russell.

Interesting to see that Cullen is captain. No Lawlor, Morgan, Salter, so I assume they're training with the 1st XI ahead of Friday but I don't know how these things work. :thinking:
You are forgetting Thursday's T20 at the Oval which overlaps with this 3 day game. Not sure why Selman isn't playing. Possibly his hand is being rested as there was thought to be a problem when he did not field in the slips.
Carlson seems to be out of the squad for Thursday.
Hemphrey also not playing today. Do not see him in the T20 team so assume he will play some 2s games as it is almost a month before the next 4 day game.
Also no TvdG but he did not play yesterday so assume injured.
By glamman
Have stuck this in here for want of a better place:

Labuschagne and Mitchell Marsh playing against each other in the trial match at Southampton starting today - Labuschagne currently batting.
By glamman
Labuschagne sticking around as wickets fall - 42/4
By JamesH
Disappointed for Carlson, always want to see the homegrown players doing well, hopefully he finds some form sharpish. More runs for JM Cooke this morning though.

Marnus is 40* currently, surprise surprise. Good article with him below, not all cricket related but an interesting short read.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/cri ... 16716.html
CC v Worcs

Good first day for us. Now can the batsmen give us[…]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]

www.glamorgancricket.com/news/13-man-squad-named-f[…]

T20 Steelbacks

Ok, we're out of the RL Cup and it will need a mir[…]