A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By GlamFan
You really are a misery! There’s a tweet congratulating them on their performance
By glamman
GlamFan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:37 pm You really are a misery! There’s a tweet congratulating them on their performance
Took 20 seconds for them to write that.
By GlamFan
glamman wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:56 pm
GlamFan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:37 pm You really are a misery! There’s a tweet congratulating them on their performance
I'm not exactly sure what you're after? I doubt the club sends someone to cover 2nd team games, which means they'll just be writing an article based on the scorecard. Surely you're capable of reading it yourself?!
By glamman
GlamFan wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:13 pm
glamman wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 5:56 pm
I'm not exactly sure what you're after? I doubt the club sends someone to cover 2nd team games, which means they'll just be writing an article based on the scorecard. Surely you're capable of reading it yourself?!
I hope there was at least one coach there. Depends how interested they are in communicating with supporters. I see Sisodiya played last week but not this. Anyone know why? Just nice to get some updates. Clearly big news is signing of Byrom. Guess not good to publicise too much Selman scoring runs.
By glamman
Cooke unable to push his cause this morning, out for 5. Shame that 1st team game so far away such that Reingold not able to play. 2s 109/2 against Yorkshire in Newport. Spectators allowed!
By glamman
Looking at the highlights, Cooke seemed to be beaten for pace, which is not a great sign in a 2nd team game. Root unlucky, smacking the ball to short leg and it just popped up to be caught.
Cullen involved in 2 run outs, both seeming to be his fault. Firstly he did not respond to a call from Taylor and then he ran in a bit of an arc when coming back for a second and failed to make his ground.
Overall Glamorgan seem in a reasonable position at 307/9, Tom Bevan top scoring with 67 and Callum Taylor also making a half century.
By glamman
Our 2nd team getting themselves in a good position again. I think the introduction of 4 day games for the 2nds is a big step forward. Having finished on 343 this morning they have Yorkshire 187/6. 19 overs from a slow left arm spinner called Ben Higton, who I have not heard of before, but is from Marlborough College and the Wiltshire program. Not sure if anyone was able to go down and watch? Spectators are allowed this week.
By hujon64
Anyone any idea of comings and goings. Lots of rumours but no decisions announced. I suppose it’s because it’s a long season with Cc matches at the end. Cooke as Captain, wk and batsman has had a very poor season. He’s 35, I think, and with Cullen, arguably better performing and young Horton playing for England u19 do we need him? Especially with Carlson captaining superbly in 50 over comp. Of course, Labuschagne and Neser returning will be invaluable but who else deserves a place based on events this year? Understand lots of very promising youngsters coming through regional programme and Wales age groups so let’s hope some of them can fulfil their potential like Carlson.
By glamman
At this point in the season I expect all the players to know whether they are staying or going. Have heard some rumours but no hard facts. Not sure why the club keep things so quiet - not sure there are significant commercial secrets in the cricket world but someone must think so.
By uskexile
Quite harsh on Cooke that. He may be out of form now from not having played for the last two months but looking at the national averages he lies in 15th place in the country.

Chris Cooke
Glamorgan
18 innings 6 No 599 runs 49.92 avg 50.98 SR 136 HS 3x100s 1x50 5x6s 56x4s

He must have a few not outs to thank for his average but certainly not the worst record in comparison. Think there are other players that deserve more of a criticism really.
By glamman
Can’t moan about Championship batting. 599 runs @ 49.9. A third of innings have been not out. Poor T20 season. Biggest criticism is captaincy. Has been commented on in previous seasons. Always tough when keeping and I would prefer Lloyd, although not great timing with his batting problems. Don’t expect any changes this season but would be amazed if Cooke is captain next year. However, for that reason I am sure he will be. :lol
By Shamu
Cooke is a reluctant captain and was persuaded to accept the role.
Carlson has already stated that he is not ready to accept the role full time, as career wise it will be important for him to back up this season if he seeks higher recognition.
Unlikely to see much (if any) of Labuschagne in 2022 with the ever changing international schedules - same may apply to Neser.

My best guess is that we will have a Welsh captain next year and he’s returning from Middlesex.
By glamman
Shamu wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:30 am Cooke is a reluctant captain and was persuaded to accept the role.
Carlson has already stated that he is not ready to accept the role full time, as career wise it will be important for him to back up this season if he seeks higher recognition.
Unlikely to see much (if any) of Labuschagne in 2022 with the ever changing international schedules - same may apply to Neser.

My best guess is that we will have a Welsh captain next year and he’s returning from Middlesex.
I can’t see Harris being a sure pick for the team. Surely Lloyd is the best option and did a good job when he stood in.
By Shamu
So, Glamorgan are paying big bucks for Harris you can’t see the plan ?

Maybe a trip to the opticians would help.
By glamman
Not a regular starter in a team that is in Div 3. Not sure he needs to be paid big bucks.
CC v Durham

Again, our old bete noire, Chris Rushworth lays ba[…]