A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By timhealings
Clearly this pitch won’t produce a result (he says confidently) but I’m encouraged by the make up of the glam team this year, I think we might win something this year. Am I deluded?
By psychocandy
Oh well looks like the pitch is flatter than a witches t@t then.....

At least we batted well I suppose but Northants batting puts it into perspective a bit.
By Nick_Glam
timhealings wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:36 pm
Clearly this pitch won’t produce a result (he says confidently) but I’m encouraged by the make up of the glam team this year, I think we might win something this year. Am I deluded?
I presume that you are talking about a match rather than a tournament? :)

We do have a fairly balanced team, but this pitch doesn't seem suitable to judge any of our players - either batsmen or bowlers. When we have played on a few results pitches we will see how good we really are.
By Nick_Glam
And while a draw is clearly the most likely result, after all of our disasters last season I can't help having the 1993 Middlesex game at the back of my mind... :doh:
By exileKT8
Hurrah TVDG as this was getting embarassing, flat pitch or no.

Well done the centurions, I wonder if Dai Lab was expecting to do much bowling this summer.

With Glamman that if Dai Lange hasn`t played a 4 day game for 11 months why not Carey and let Dai Lange get back into it in the 2nds.

But agreed we are pleased to see some runs on the board.
By Vetchetarian
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:17 am
And while a draw is clearly the most likely result, after all of our disasters last season I can't help having the 1993 Middlesex game at the back of my mind... :doh:
That game must be the lowest point in Glam's chequered history, even earning a spot on the 9pm BBC News programme. Stuff of nightmares. :)
By Nick_Glam
After the first four sessions rather deflating that the last day looks certain to be just killing time. Not that I blame the bowlers though on that pitch...

Hopefully it will have given the batsmen some confidence for a month (!?!) of one day games now though.
By Vetchetarian
Northants have taken the lead, and now also have three centurions. Rossington past 50, so perhaps he will make it four.

" Anything you can do, we can do better ", a song from way back when is ringing in my ears. :)

Let's hope that this wicket is a one off, and that these run fests can be avoided.

I'm a little surprised that Northants didn't declare at their overnight score, and hope to skittle out Glam, and force an unlikely victory, a la the 1993 Middlesex game referred to earlier. You never know with our beloved Glam.
They are always up for it. Bless them. :)
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 12:20 pm
Northants have taken the lead, and now also have three centurions. Rossington past 50, so perhaps he will make it four.

" Anything you can do, we can do better ", a song from way back when is ringing in my ears. :)

Let's hope that this wicket is a one off, and that these run fests can be avoided.

I'm a little surprised that Northants didn't declare at their overnight score, and hope to skittle out Glam, and force an unlikely victory, a la the 1993 Middlesex game referred to earlier. You never know with our beloved Glam.
They are always up for it. Bless them. :)
I'm relieved they haven't. I guess Northants saw the most likely outcome of that decision as a day spent toiling in the field.
By Nick_Glam
I can understand Northants fans criticising the batsmen for slowing to a crawl yesterday and, at one point, only scoring at 2 an over. When it became clear that they were going to avoid the follow-on, they could have tried to make a game of it even if a result was always unlikely.
By notgoingoutreprise
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:10 pm
I can understand Northants fans criticising the batsmen for slowing to a crawl yesterday and, at one point, only scoring at 2 an over. When it became clear that they were going to avoid the follow-on, they could have tried to make a game of it even if a result was always unlikely.
Not getting maximum batting points on this pitch says it all
By johnwales
I thought 5 was the maximum batting point level, which I believe we achieved. Selman, out twice, will need to have a big score soon in order to cement his inclusion.
May be an idea to try Billy Root as an opener; may open a door to fast track him into the test side, not that will help Glamorgan.
New season

Hi all, Not sure how active this place is these d[…]

Welcome

Welcome to the Glamorgan CCC Forum on View From Th[…]

Glam website

I agree with the others about the lack of second e[…]

Optimism

All counties make optimistic noises at the start o[…]