A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By glamman
johnwales wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:20 am I thought 5 was the maximum batting point level, which I believe we achieved. Selman, out twice, will need to have a big score soon in order to cement his inclusion.
May be an idea to try Billy Root as an opener; may open a door to fast track him into the test side, not that will help Glamorgan.
5 is the maximum. I think the comment was in respect to Northants only getting 4.
Would be a mistake to move Root to open. Next 4 day game not until 14 May - may see Murphy come back if he puts in some performances for the 2s but they only have one 3 day game between now and then. Don't expect Selman to play in the 50 over comp. Expect the line up to be:
Hemphrey
Lloyd
Labuschagne
Root
Carlson
Cooke
Wagg
Salter
De Lange
TvdG
Hogan

The question might be whether Meschede comes in for one of the seamers to lengthen the batting or in place of Salter if they think they have enough spin options for this time of year.

See that Marsh confirmed in Australian World Cup Squad.
By psychocandy
Games like this do nothing to help championship cricket.
Yes the pitch was mostly to blame but Northants negativity didn't help.

If you told someone that you were going to watch cricket and both sides were just waiting for the game to end, your not going to entice new spectators really. Imagine the last day of this game being you're first ever game - you'd never go again!
By glamman
psychocandy wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:19 am Games like this do nothing to help championship cricket.
Yes the pitch was mostly to blame but Northants negativity didn't help.

If you told someone that you were going to watch cricket and both sides were just waiting for the game to end, your not going to entice new spectators really. Imagine the last day of this game being you're first ever game - you'd never go again!
Cardiff pitches have historically been low and slow and that is probably one of the reasons we have trouble developing top class players - batsmen and bowlers. There are some relaid pitches which were to cater for international games and have more pace and bounce but I guess those are being saved for the world cup.
Kent

Nick Webb has reported that Carlson has replaced M[…]

2nd XI

Absolutely pathetic from the Glamorgan media that […]

Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]