A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
Hemphrey dismissed for a duck already. That wasn't part of the script... :yikes:
By Nick_Glam
Hopefully he and Labuschagne will get the chance of a longer bat in the 2nd innings (weather permitting).

Surprised to see Wagg in the side...
By bobbly4
Same old same old - with honourable exception of Root. Didn't renew my membership this year after almost 30 years. Looks like a good decision!
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:54 am
Hopefully he and Labuschagne will get the chance of a longer bat in the 2nd innings (weather permitting).

Surprised to see Wagg in the side...
Hard to understand why Wagg playing ahead of Carey unless Carey injured.
By Nick_Glam
Obviously way too soon to judge the new guys from Australia...

The thought of our batsmen coming up against Holder this week is a frightening one though.
By glamman
Not going to win many games if we select bowlers on the basis of their batting rather than their bowling. Top 6 have to score the bulk of the runs. Well done Root. Has made a good start. If Murphy does not play next week we could be down to one home grown player in the side.
By Nick_Glam
Good to see Carlson making a start yesterday. A decent score him today could see him push himself into the team this week. Although perhaps runs against our bowling attack dont really count. ;)

And could be important how Labuschagne bowls today as well as Maynard indicated that will help them decide whether they need to play a spinner.
By glamman
With Lloyd coming on first change it strikes me as an attempt to see whether we can perhaps have 8 batsmen in the side? :doh:
Could see:
Selman
Hemphrey
Labuschagne
Lloyd
Root
Carlson (if he scores runs today)
Cooke
Wagg (for his runs rather than wickets)
Meschede
De Lange
Hogan

Not the team I would choose but might score some runs.
By glamman
Disappointing that Carlson unable to add to his overnight score.
Apart from Root noone able to stamp a mark against a team who lost to Somerset by 568 runs.
By glamman
Wagg now bowling. The fact he is playing in front of Carey, however many runs he scored, is very worrying as to where Maynard might be taking this team. Wagg is a mate of Maynard having brought him into the team when he was coach previously but isn't the future of Glamorgan cricket. Perhaps Maynard now looking for some quick successes in order to secure the coaching job, but it cannot be good for the long term future. Glamorgan's inability to successfully nurture potential talent continues to be the reason for their failure as a club.
By Nick_Glam
I'm going to give Maynard the benefit of the doubt until we are well into the season. He said this was a game to try things out, including some different bowling options, and it is only a pre-season knockabout.

I would hope that we would pick 3 front line seamers against Northants though...
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:24 pm
I'm going to give Maynard the benefit of the doubt until we are well into the season. He said this was a game to try things out, including some different bowling options, and it is only a pre-season knockabout.

I would hope that we would pick 3 front line seamers against Northants though...
I can only assume Carey has an injury that he is not playing. Hemphrey now bowling so do not see any inclination to play a front line spinner, especially in April. Wagg will end up playing for his runs. Personally I would rather not see Hogan playing too many 4 day games if it is a choice between him and TvdG or Carey. De Lange comes in and then question of whether Meschede plays. You might as well have another batsman if Lloyd is going to bowl and then Carlson can come in:
Selman or Murphy
Hemphrey
Labuschagne
Lloyd
Root
Carlson
Cooke
Wagg
TvdG
De Lange
Hogan or Carey
By glamman
This boy Douthwaite doesn't seem to be finding batting in the 1st class arena very difficult.
He and his partner have just hit 79 runs off the last 10 overs.
By bobbly4
85 runs and counting for the student's 9th wicket in just 10 overs. Not what I would expect. The bowlers are not doing their job here.
New season

Hi all, Not sure how active this place is these d[…]

Welcome

Welcome to the Glamorgan CCC Forum on View From Th[…]

Glam website

I agree with the others about the lack of second e[…]

Optimism

All counties make optimistic noises at the start o[…]