A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By JamesH
glamman wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:53 am
Anyone gone to watch the intra squad game today?

No. Didn't even know this was happening in fairness. Is it open to the public?
By glamman
JamesH wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:50 pm
glamman wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:53 am
Anyone gone to watch the intra squad game today?

No. Didn't even know this was happening in fairness. Is it open to the public?
I guess it may be taking place behind closed doors given the secrecy with which things are being conducted at the moment. It was announced on the website at: https://www.glamorgancricket.com/cricke ... tures.html
By JamesH
glamman wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:19 pm
Sisodiya with three wickets so far today.
Again, pretty impressive for a spinner in March. I see Carlson is playing also as it looks like he had a bowl according to the scorecard. Hopefully he gets some runs today
By glamman
JamesH wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:34 am
glamman wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:19 pm
Sisodiya with three wickets so far today.
Again, pretty impressive for a spinner in March. I see Carlson is playing also as it looks like he had a bowl according to the scorecard. Hopefully he gets some runs today
Unfortunately Carlson out for a duck. Hopefully he does not go the same way as Donald and believe too much in his own publicity. Needs to keep working hard on the cricket field as well as Uni.
By Nick_Glam
Good to see Sisodiya doing well. We have plenty of bowling options this season, that's for sure.
By glamman
The ability of the MCCU sides to put up any opposition to county teams seems to be waning year on year. Their 1st class status needs to be relooked at. Don't have a problem in friendlies as early season practice.
By johnwales
Any one heard what the plans are for Aneurin Donald this season. I note he was not included in the Hants Micky Mouse X1. This is bad news for any player knocking on the 1st X1 door !!
By glamman
johnwales wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:45 pm
Any one heard what the plans are for Aneurin Donald this season. I note he was not included in the Hants Micky Mouse X1. This is bad news for any player knocking on the 1st X1 door !!
My guess is his best chance of 1st team cricket at the moment will be in the white ball format as it was here.
By glamman
I assume Sisodiya is injured as he has not bowled in the Sussex 2nd innings.
By Welwyn
glamman wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:58 pm
I assume Sisodiya is injured as he has not bowled in the Sussex 2nd innings.
Worrying certainly, Did get 33 with the bat yesterday though.
By glamman
I thought during the winter there had been an announcement about a new partner to work on the website? If so it remains a great disappointment with limited information and much of it out of date.
By glamman
13 man squad named for tomorrow's game vs the students: Lloyd, Murphy, Hemphrey, Labuschagne, Root, Selman, Cooke (capt, wk), Meschede, Wagg, Bull, van der Gugten, Carey, Hogan.

No Salter. Assume De Lange not yet back.

Expect Wagg and Bull to miss out.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:06 pm
13 man squad named for tomorrow's game vs the students: Lloyd, Murphy, Hemphrey, Labuschagne, Root, Selman, Cooke (capt, wk), Meschede, Wagg, Bull, van der Gugten, Carey, Hogan.

No Salter. Assume De Lange not yet back.

Expect Wagg and Bull to miss out.
Re DeLange, BBC website says he is being " held back for the Northants " match.
Derbyshire

Another interesting squad selected for this game w[…]

Middlesex

Seamer rotation continues. TvdG has a good record […]