A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By JamesH
Not sure how I missed this but the lads are in La Manga Club in Spain doing some pre-season work. We're playing three 50 over games against Gloucs also.

Yesterday Gloucs scored 411 and we were 289 ao in reply. 100 for Cooke and 50s for Root and Carlson. Not too fussed about wins/losses in warm up games at this point, but the bowlers wouldn't have liked going for 400. Nice to see new the new skipper get a ton though.

Next game is Sunday - expect to see some squad rotation. Definitely worse places for a pre-season tour than the Spanish coast! The photos look great
By Nick_Glam
Good to see that 3 of our first team batsmen got some runs (and Salter chipped in with a few as well).

Meschede, Lloyd and Brown is an incredibly weak top 3 so fortunate we should hopefully have a couple of batsmen to replace 2 of them before the season starts proper.
By exileKT8
Yes, a top 3 who might play some shots but not one to give a solid base. Hemfrey will be one, although I think he bats lower for Queensland. Then so much depends on who else comes in. At this stage you would think it will be the one Overseas signing and that`s it.

Marsh had a good knock yesterday. I wonder if Durham and Lancs have information that Bancroft and Burns are not in Aussie plans before they made their decisions on them. Where are Glammy with Marsh, particularly after yesterday`s knock it must be likely he will not be available. Aussie Cricket Board holds all the high cards. I just think we should look elsewhere as options are limited and unlikely to get better.
By glamman
The Marsh situation looks confused at best. We still desperately need that reliable top order batsman to provide the foundations for our young side. Without that it seems likely to be another season of struggle.
By glamman
A second heavy defeat to Gloucestershire. Looks a bit like Men vs Boys. A century from Morgan so well done to him but I am not sure he is the answer to the batting woes.
By bobbly4
We seem to have some bowling woes too judging by these two results.
By glamman
bobbly4 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:37 pm
We seem to have some bowling woes too judging by these two results.
De Lange will obviously add a lot after being out most of last season. Will wait and see what another year has done to Hogan. His workload definitely needs to be managed.
By glamman
JamesH wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:46 pm
3rd game:

Gloucs 384-8.
Glammy currently 43-4...
Men and boys.
The batting looks very fragile. Obviously still have Hemphrey to come in but without at least Marsh or an equivalent, consistent runs may be difficult.
By glamman
Would be interesting to know how many of the Gloucestershire boys have been playing abroad as Glamorgan are not very supportive of players going away to play in the winter.
By glamman
Another heavy loss to Gloucs. The top 4 with scores of 1, 2, 4 and 5. 67 for Root.
Three heavy defeats already puts us on the back foot and the season has not started.
By Nick_Glam
Obviously you can't read too much into pre-season games, but those are some atrocious results. It's probably for the best that I haven't seen our full bowling figures...

Marsh is obviously doing well for a successful Australia side at the moment so hopefully we have some back-up alternatives in the pipeline.
By exileKT8
Yes 3 pretty comprehensive hammerings. Root might be wondering what he has walked into, but I think he may stand out this season. Not that he has a high bar to aim at.
By Vetchetarian
O.K., they were only pre season friendlies, but three defeats from three games would seem to indicate ' business as usual ' for our heroes.

Winning, as the Welsh rugby team has shown, is habit forming.

So is losing.

It's going to be a long summer.
New season

Hi all, Not sure how active this place is these d[…]

Welcome

Welcome to the Glamorgan CCC Forum on View From Th[…]

Glam website

I agree with the others about the lack of second e[…]

Optimism

All counties make optimistic noises at the start o[…]