A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
Marsh getting some runs again today so really deserves to be part of any Australia squad.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 2:34 pm
Marsh getting some runs again today so really deserves to be part of any Australia squad.
Alongside Khawaja.
I assume there is someone lined up and it is just a matter of getting confirmation of Marsh's selection.
By exileKT8
Australia play their last 50 over game v Pakistan today, no other fixtures until England on May 25th so could Marsh be available for few weeks ? Presumably he could be available for as long as Markham is for SA ?
By glamman
exileKT8 wrote:
Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:22 pm
Australia play their last 50 over game v Pakistan today, no other fixtures until England on May 25th so could Marsh be available for few weeks ? Presumably he could be available for as long as Markham is for SA ?
If that is the case then I do not see why not.
By glamman
Hopefully he will be more successful than some of his predecessors. Does give a leg spin option so I imagine that Salter would be left out for the Northants game allowing the XI to include 4 out of Meschede, Hogan, Carey TvdG and De Lange. Also provides more options for the bowling in the 50 over games.
By hujon64
Hopefully, new signing will be able to open and offer another alternative in bowling which is always useful. With our finances and not being a big, attractive club, a young up and coming Australian player may be a shrewd signing along with our other newcomers.
Vetchetarian liked this
By glamman
Expect him to bat in the key role of 3 and he will be keen to make a statement before the Ashes so should not lack for motivation. Would fit into a line up of:
Selman
Murphy
Labuschagne
Hemphrey
Root
Lloyd
Cooke
Meschede
De Lange
TvdG or Carey
Hogan

A completely new 3, 4, 5 who will hopefully produce. Fingers crossed. Now potentially down to a team with just two Welsh players.
By Jenks33
glamman wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:32 pm
Expect him to bat in the key role of 3 and he will be keen to make a statement before the Ashes so should not lack for motivation. Would fit into a line up of:
Selman
Murphy
Labuschagne
Hemphrey
Root
Lloyd
Cooke
Meschede
De Lange
TvdG or Carey
Hogan

A completely new 3, 4, 5 who will hopefully produce. Fingers crossed. Now potentially down to a team with just two Welsh players.
Are we really likely to open with Selman and Murphy again? I know Hemphrey usually bats in the middle order but I’m sure Morris said he can also open. What about Carlson? I know he struggled as much as the others in 4 day cricket last year but I thought he’d start the season batting at 4 or 5
By Nick_Glam
The side actually doesn't look so bad now.

I still have concerns about the openers and...well, about a million other things, but this team should be able to compete.

A shame that there might be so few Welsh players on the field though.
By glamman
Jenks33 wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:40 pm
glamman wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:32 pm
Selman
Murphy
Labuschagne
Hemphrey
Root
Lloyd
Cooke
Meschede
De Lange
TvdG or Carey
Hogan

Are we really likely to open with Selman and Murphy again? I know Hemphrey usually bats in the middle order but I’m sure Morris said he can also open. What about Carlson? I know he struggled as much as the others in 4 day cricket last year but I thought he’d start the season batting at 4 or 5
Agree about the openers but suspect they will persist with them hopefully taking some of the shine off the ball before we see the stronger middle order.
Carlson seems to have moved backwards and I am not sure where he would fit in on current form.
By Welwyn
Nick_Glam wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:57 pm
That's just the way things are though. Heck, if you were picking an Welsh international team it certainly wouldn't look great:

1) Murphy
2) Rees
3) Bragg (you could probably get both out of retirement for a 1-off international)
4) Carlson
5) Donald
6) Lloyd
7) Salter
8) Herring (wk)
9) Harris
10) Carey
11) Walker/McIlroy
Maybe get Phil Salt in for one of Rees or Bragg. Prem gets in if you want a 2nd spinner.
By glamman
Welwyn wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:05 am
Nick_Glam wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:57 pm
That's just the way things are though. Heck, if you were picking an Welsh international team it certainly wouldn't look great:

1) Murphy
2) Rees
3) Bragg (you could probably get both out of retirement for a 1-off international)
4) Carlson
5) Donald
6) Lloyd
7) Salter
8) Herring (wk)
9) Harris
10) Carey
11) Walker/McIlroy
Maybe get Phil Salt in for one of Rees or Bragg. Prem gets in if you want a 2nd spinner.
There must be a couple of others somewhere. I think Smith would qualify since he has been in Wales since he was a baby.
Must raise questions again about the player development pathway and the people responsible for that. It seems to be something that has not really changed despite the obvious issues. I hope it is raised at the Member's Forum.
New season

Hi all, Not sure how active this place is these d[…]

Welcome

Welcome to the Glamorgan CCC Forum on View From Th[…]

Glam website

I agree with the others about the lack of second e[…]

Optimism

All counties make optimistic noises at the start o[…]