A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Bubbles
Put it this way I am obviously more reliably informed than you are without revealing my sources. Believe me!!! I suggest that your sources are leading you a merry dance as I am telling you that Wallace was on hundred grand as captain. Whatever anyone believes again I say these guys do not work for peanuts and they do not think twice about picking up healthy pay checks for perennially underperforming.Did Morris volunteer to give up part of his salary for having his job halved. In layman' sterns he's taking the p..s!!
By djronnieb65
In 2003 when Elliot was our overseas player he was paid £130 grand also Kasper whilst he was here was paid about 150 grand
So the current figures being said are wide of the mark
Our cheapest overseas player was Cosgrove who cost us a cheap 60 grand
You are talking of about £80 grand just to sign a an ordinary county player
Waqur Cost is about £200 grand whilst he was with us
I think you guys have got your sums wrong
By Shamu
Figures for overseas players are inflated by reason of associated costs, i.e. accommodation, vehicles, business class flights for themselves and their family, agent’s commissions etc.
Actual salary costs are not (and have not been) as high as some of the fantasy figures referred to above.

Interesting that Allenby was granted a clause in his contract ensuring that he would always remain the highest paid player on the staff (regardless of signings or performances).
Whichever administrator authorised that, needs to be held accountable to ensure such a farcical clause hamstrings the club’s future dealings - typifies some of the past cock ups.
By hujon64
I don’t wish to enter into an argument over salaries with Bubbles but my information ties in directly with djronnie and Shamu. Overseas players get the most and the info on Allenby is correct. As for Wallace, whatever the sources, I think mine is much closer to home and more reliable but I’ll say no more!
Wishing everyone on here a Happy Christmas( (Nadolig Llawen) and prosperous New Year. Let’s all get behind Glamorgan and other Welsh teams!
By Bubbles
Happy christmas to all. I have obviously touched a nerve with hujon63. It seems that his dog is bigger than mine. I have not seen Mark Wallace's CV to comment on his credentials but do wish him all the best. Mmmmmmhhhh?????
By hujon64
Truce Bubbles - don’t have a dog but my cat is pretty big (well, fat, like me!). Details of CV in Glam’s statement of appointment online.
By lovecricket
Salary high or low I would have preferred someone from outside of the county even if they had the same experience and skills. Whether they were from another country or just from another county.

Fingers crossed for 2019 being an improvement of the shambles of 2018!
By glamman
lovecricket wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:04 pm
Salary high or low I would have preferred someone from outside of the county even if they had the same experience and skills. Whether they were from another country or just from another county.

As Maynard alludes to in his recent interview reported on the BBC website, the new head coach MUST come from outside.
By hujon64
With warm-up matches ever earlier, I can’t see a new Head Coach or any other changes in coaches for this season. Matthew Maynard was appointed interim coach after Croft’s departure and is batting coach until the end of this season, I believe, so they could save money by combining the two and giving Maynard a chance to ‘prove’ himself this season as he’s openly expressed an interest in the job. Anyone know when the contracts of Steve Watkins, Harrison, etc finish or do they just have a season’s contract at a time as again money could be involved?
By lovecricket
glamman wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:42 pm
lovecricket wrote:

As Maynard alludes to in his recent interview reported on the BBC website, the new head coach MUST come from outside.
To me the two are not comparable. Maynard has coached at Somerset, with England and clubs over in SA that I'm aware of. He's likely done more. So he has knowledge and experience of other set-ups.
By glamman
lovecricket wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:15 pm
glamman wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:42 pm
lovecricket wrote:

To me the two are not comparable. Maynard has coached at Somerset, with England and clubs over in SA that I'm aware of. He's likely done more. So he has knowledge and experience of other set-ups.
So effectively no real change. That may well come to pass but I am not sure it will be enough to bring about the necessary overhaul of the set up which quite clearly is not working. How much of last seasons problems were down to issues with Croft's interaction with the players we will probably never know unless things suddenly turn around this summer.
By glamman
Interesting to see the Marsh brothers have been dropped from the Test squad to tour Sri Lanka. Might be a glimmer of hope for Glamorgan's batting resources this season.

How will it effect sport, many players in Soccer &[…]

IPL 2019 Live TV Channels List

Star Sports to communicate live inclusion of IPL &[…]

Match Prediction Of IPL 2019 We all know that IPL[…]

ICC World Cup 2019 Live Streaming, Live Cricket Wo[…]