A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By BarryTownSwan
Nos da
New to this board
Does anyone know when the 2019 fixtures will be released, please?
Looking at booking holidays from work around a few fixtures
By bobbly4
Fixtures released. Glamorgan playing only 4 games at Cardiff during the period from May to August (excluding T20].

I have been a member for over 25 years but shall not be renewing. I like value for my money and this fixture list is far from giving that. Coming on top of last season's abysmal showing this is the final straw!
By Shamu
Middlesex at Radlett ?

We’re not even deemed worthy to play red ball cricket at Lord’s. Just about sums up how much of a minor County we are.

No membership renewal for me.
By Vetchetarian
Shamu wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:55 pm Middlesex at Radlett ?

We’re not even deemed worthy to play red ball cricket at Lord’s. Just about sums up how much of a minor County we are.

No argument from me re your minor County comment, as I have been saying it for years, but there is no shame, or insult, attached to Glam playing at Radlett. If it's a genuine venue, then someone has to play there. Surely it will make a nice change from the vast concrete jungle of Lord's.

Lancashire are apparently destined for Colwyn Bay next season.
Does that mean they are not good enough to play at Cardiff ?
By Shamu
There’s never been any Championship cricket played at Radlett. Previously, only deemed suitable for one day cricket.
Having said that, the powers that be, who decide on these things, may have assessed Glamorgan accordingly.
By glammysupporter
Not keen on the fixtures.

Start days for the 4 day stuff are all over the place.

I thought one of the advantages of dropping 2 fixtues was to have more consistency for everybody.

One 4 day game in Swansea starting on a Monday is not ideal.

Speaking as someone who works during the week and prefers 4 day cricket, I have always enjoyed going to places like Bristol and Worcester on a Saturday or Sunday (and Taunton and Edgbaston when the divisions have worked)

Unless I am incorect, there is not a single day of away 4 day cricket scheduled for a weekend.

Shocking.
By glamman
glammysupporter wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:51 am Not keen on the fixtures.

Start days for the 4 day stuff are all over the place.

I thought one of the advantages of dropping 2 fixtues was to have more consistency for everybody.

One 4 day game in Swansea starting on a Monday is not ideal.

Speaking as someone who works during the week and prefers 4 day cricket, I have always enjoyed going to places like Bristol and Worcester on a Saturday or Sunday (and Taunton and Edgbaston when the divisions have worked)

Unless I am incorect, there is not a single day of away 4 day cricket scheduled for a weekend.

Shocking.
Tend to agree.

Newport will be the third out ground for Championship cricket.
Kent

Nick Webb has reported that Carlson has replaced M[…]

2nd XI

Absolutely pathetic from the Glamorgan media that […]

Overseas

Events at Southampton suggest or confirm the fear […]

AUSTRALIA

Eoin Morgan will not indicate to the spectators a […]