A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Bubbles
So you have to be intelligent to be a supporter do you? How did Leicester CIty win the Premier League against the financial clout of their rivals? It would be interesting to see who the highest wage earners are at Glamorgan? Any ideas?
By glammysupporter
Bubbles you seem very bitter about the money that Hugh Morris has been earning as Chief Exec.

As some have mentioned, the business was on the very brink of collapsse a couple of years ago and if Hugh has been a main player in bringing down the debt to managable couple of million or so he is to be congratulated.

He is also a very good face for the club as we move very close to the new hundred ball competition.

His record in charge of the cricket side has been awful, and there is no doubt a change is needed and will now take place.

We have some good ex players not working at the club who might be good candidates for DOC, people like Jim Allenby, Mike Powell, Alan Butcher and Mark Wallace, but in some ways I favour a completely fresh face as we had when Duncan Fletcher and Matthew Mott came in.

I presume the new DOC will then decide his team of coaches, and Crofty's fate will be decided that way as will the others.

Whoever comes in needs to make an honest assesment of our squad and get rid of those that are not good enough as soon as current contracts allow, even if these guys are Welsh speaking and been attached to the club for years.
By Bubbles
I note your comments.
Having worked for over forty years I fail to see why after five years the cricketing side has not been addressed and action taken to remedy our standing.
We have become a laughing stock as a cricket team and a sizeable chasm has appeared between us and the other seventeen counties.
Surely there must have been a job description for Mr Morris for business and cricket which should have been reviewed annually and decisions made.
It is equivalent to a salesman saying I am very good at admin work but I do not sell anything.
Too many people have their feet under the Glamorgan table and are not facing up to the harsh reality of a professional sporting establishment. Heads must roll but I say yet again who has the backbone to do that.
By glammysupporter
I note your comments.
Having worked for over forty years I fail to see why after five years the cricketing side has not been addressed and action taken to remedy our standing.
We have become a laughing stock as a cricket team and a sizeable chasm has appeared between us and the other seventeen counties.
Surely there must have been a job description for Mr Morris for business and cricket which should have been reviewed annually and decisions made.
It is equivalent to a salesman saying I am very good at admin work but I do not sell anything.
Too many people have their feet under the Glamorgan table and are not facing up to the harsh reality of a professional sporting establishment. Heads must roll but I say yet again who has the backbone to do that.

I have to agree with all that.
By Shamu
Has anyone considered that one of the conditions attached to the wiping of a large chunk debt may have been the requirement to field a predominantly Welsh side ?

Cue Vetch : Source/Link ?
By Bubbles
Why has there not been any transparency?

The whole structure of Welsh cricket should be addressed.
Firsts, seconds, minor counties, Welsh junior sides and the Cardiff MCCU.
Surely there is enough talent to field a competitive side. Has anyone considered Mark O'leary who has a decent track record with Cardiff MCCU and could play a part if required.
Too many cloak and dagger scenarios at the club and people not having strategic roles to follow. If Mr Morris's role was to balance the books then make that clear and leave the cricket to someone else. We are now five years down the road and have a mountain to climb just to warrant our existence.
By Vetchetarian
Shamu wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:48 pm
Has anyone considered that one of the conditions attached to the wiping of a large chunk debt may have been the requirement to field a predominantly Welsh side ?

Cue Vetch : Source/Link ?
??? Is this a clarion call seeking some words of wisdom from yours truly ? :)
By hujon64
Differing views make interesting reading re the changes in management at Glamorgan. I am fully behind Hugh Morris and thank him for all his efforts to reduce our debt - the combination of two jobs was always a difficult one to fulfil and I hope that they do not make the mistake of combining DOC and Head Coach. As for candidates muted above ie Allenby, Powell, Butcher, Wallace, Leary all have connections with Glamorgan so an outsider might be the answer but, unless we offer a big salary, who will we attract? I believe Allenby has been coaching here over the summer and Powell is a sports teacher at a public school. Not sure about Butcher but Wallace certainly has the credentials. See from his Twitter details that he has BA and MA, Level 4 Coaching, was Chairman of the PCA for 4 years and is now a Personal Development Officer there. Also, commentates on radio and seems to be well respected. O’Leary is also doing great things so, perhaps, we should not discount such people. Another one who comes to mind is Ian Thomas who, I believe, is now in overall charge of the PCA Development programme and high profile in cricketing circles, still living in the area, but could we afford him? Very interesting and would like others opinions please.
My friend also said, jokingly, that Jason Gillespie loved his time at Glamorgan and living in Cardiff - if only!!!

How will it effect sport, many players in Soccer &[…]

IPL 2019 Live TV Channels List

Star Sports to communicate live inclusion of IPL &[…]

Match Prediction Of IPL 2019 We all know that IPL[…]

ICC World Cup 2019 Live Streaming, Live Cricket Wo[…]