A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:28 pm
Report on the BBC website saying that the ECB did not breach any rules when paying Glamorgan £2.5 for not bidding for Tests - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45672965

Have to say I still don't quite understand on what basis the money was paid.
I agree. It's quite mystifying.

If the ECB wish to " not breach " any more rules, they could send ME a cheque for any amount, any time they feel so moved. In return, I promise not to submit any bids to stage Test cricket. :)
By johnwales
Hi Glkamman , wish I had a nice big garden just like you !!!

To be honest my feelings are that it is bribery !! I do not know how the E C B make their money, but if I was a contributor I would feel more than a little annoyed. So how are the Glamorgan finances now, bearing in mind Cardiff City Council wiped off a big debt.
Can we not make a huge payment to an overseas player, or did we already do that for Sean Marsh !!
By glamman
johnwales wrote:
Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:36 am
Hi Glkamman , wish I had a nice big garden just like you !!!

To be honest my feelings are that it is bribery !! I do not know how the E C B make their money, but if I was a contributor I would feel more than a little annoyed. So how are the Glamorgan finances now, bearing in mind Cardiff City Council wiped off a big debt.
Can we not make a huge payment to an overseas player, or did we already do that for Sean Marsh !!

Live in a flat.

My understanding is that our finances are now no worse than most counties.
Monty

Anyone know anything about this? Nothing as yet on[…]