A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By bobbly4
Well done boys. A win is still a win whatever is said about the opposition. A good positive end to the season. Cant remember when I applauded so many 50 partnerships. Bendigedig!
By Vetchetarian
notgoingoutreprise wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:01 am
Let us just remember the first and last game and forget everything between
If only life were that simple - ignore reality, and live in a cocoon.

Morris, Croft, and the gang, will be hoping for short memory syndrome to kick in, thereby saving their skins so they can put us through it all again next season.
:)
By johnwales
Given the right coaching, our young players should be a better unit by the start of next season; it would be a tragedy if they were discarded on block, and spread amongst four or five other counties and developed individually into class players.
By Vetchetarian
johnwales wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 am
Given the right coaching, our young players should be a better unit by the start of next season; it would be a tragedy if they were discarded on block, and spread amongst four or five other counties and developed individually into class players.
I don't think anyone is espousing discarding of " our young players ". Didn't the Club extend the contracts of four of them, quite recently ?
However, the admin and coaching side definitely needs some discarding.
I don't see much change taking place, however.
By glamman
johnwales wrote:
I agree. Too early to say whether or not they can make it. Too many have been asked to do jobs they are not equipped to do - does not make then bad players. If we can get two experienced batsmen who will be here for a few years then the youngsters can be fitted in around them. Even if a batsman is seen as an opener, in most counties they would start lower down the order when coming into the 1st team in order to find their feet. That has been a big failing with the Glamorgan pathway.
I do not understand the role Lawlor is deemed to have. After a problematic first over yesterday he settled into a good line and length. However am not sure he offers any more than Lloyd, Smith or Meschede (who may still be leaving). If Meschede leaves then worth holding onto him but otherwise will suffer as they try and turn him into something he isn't.
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:31 am
johnwales wrote:
I don't think anyone is espousing discarding of " our young players ". Didn't the Club extend the contracts of four of them, quite recently ?
However, the admin and coaching side definitely needs some discarding.
I don't see much change taking place, however.
I assume the new DoC (who I am sure will be coming from outside) will have a big say on who stays and who goes from the coaching staff.
By Ger27
Interesting read elsewhere - Carlson wants to leave having been approached by Middlesex as he's not happy with Croft, Meschede not happy with the White-ball only contract on the table, and Billy Root will be one of the batsmen coming in.
By glamman
Ger27 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:05 am
Interesting read elsewhere - Carlson wants to leave having been approached by Middlesex as he's not happy with Croft, Meschede not happy with the White-ball only contract on the table, and Billy Root will be one of the batsmen coming in.
Where did you read this? Am not surprised.
Carlson must be well pissed off as has a contract until the end of 2020 and with him a student at Cardiff Uni I would have thought it would make more sense for him to hang on until the end of his contract which would coincide with him finishing his degree.
Meschede being offered a white ball only contract fits with the fact we have too many of his type of player especially with Wagg having another year (which I think was a mistake). Would rather keep Meschede and ditch Wagg.
By hujon64
From posts on here, it seems that Donald and others were/are not happy with Croft. Donald has gone and others such as Carlson are receiving offers. If this is true, we need to give ‘our’ youngsters a fair chance and ‘hope’ for the future. Seems as though a new independent DOC is urgently needed ASAP who chooses his own team and can persuade youngsters to stay. Very difficult times at the Club so a fresh start with a new team and batsman/Captain seems the only way forward. Not criticising Hogan in any way - a wonderful asset to the Club on and off the field.
By Nick_Glam
If Meschede has been offered a white ball only contract, it would be faintly understandable but also disappointing (and a tad insulting). We do have several other options at number 7, but Meschede may well still be the best of them.
By glamman
If Carlson leaves I do not see Croft's position being tenable. I must say that I have not seen or heard anything to support this statement.
By Vetchetarian
Ger27 wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:05 am
" Interesting read elsewhere ". Well, that's as nebulous a statement as can be made.

Where exactly is elsewhere ? Source please.

I've just come across this - which might interest […]

CC v Sussex

Another good start with Sussex at 68-6, but... wh[…]

Derbyshire

Not sure how we can rest both De Lange and TvdG. T[…]

Sussex

Tuesday game on Sky TV !!!!