A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By psychocandy
Glimmers of hope for us for next year with Carlson at least. And if we can keep meschede. Lucky that some of our bowlers are batting better than our batsmen as well.

Leics must be awful though for us to look like we're going to have a large 1st innings lead.
By glamman
I would not have any worries about a win this week having any impact on the actions that will be taken following this season. This will be recognised as a very weak Leics side and even then we are struggling to put runs on the board in the 2nd innings. Nevertheless for the players' state of mind a win would be something.
exileKT8 liked this
By johnwales
220 ahead, and absolutely no pressure on the batsmen, a very disappointing response by Cook, Selman, Murphy and Carlson.

Would CookeE be a good choice as skipper; nothing got past him today in the field.
By glamman
johnwales wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:22 pm
220 ahead, and absolutely no pressure on the batsmen, a very disappointing response by Cook, Selman, Murphy and Carlson.

Would CookeE be a good choice as skipper; nothing got past him today in the field.
Carlson got a poor decision.
To be wicket keeper and a key batsman and then have the captaincy on top of that is a big ask. However did well when Ingram out of the T20 side.
As I have said, the captaincy could be a lure for the right batsman. Obviously needs to be someone who can do the job but might be able to complement the new Director of Cricket.
johnwales liked this
By Vetchetarian
johnwales wrote:

Being 220 ahead on first innings was a new experience for these guys, and I suspect that they just didn't have a clue what to do next, other than get out cheaply, which they have proven to be rather good at. :)
exileKT8 liked this
By glamman
Vetchetarian wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:15 pm
johnwales wrote:

Being 220 ahead on first innings was a new experience for these guys, and I suspect that they just didn't have a clue what to do next, other than get out cheaply, which they have proven to be rather good at. :)
Cooke and Lawlor have steadied the ship and hopefully Lawlor will go on and score a few more. Do not expect any problems now and will be good for the players to end with a win. As I have said, I do not see the management making more of it than a win against a weak side but a win nonetheless.
By Vetchetarian
glamman wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:25 pm
Vetchetarian wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:15 pm
johnwales wrote:

Cooke and Lawlor have steadied the ship and hopefully Lawlor will go on and score a few more. Do not expect any problems now and will be good for the players to end with a win. As I have said, I do not see the management making more of it than a win against a weak side but a win nonetheless.
I disagree. A win would give the hapless management a straw to cling to. A defeat would leave them with absolutely NO exoneration. I don't wish any of them any ill will, but it's high time change took place, and I wouldn't want to see them survive because we beat a Leicestershire 2nd team.
By JamesH
glamman wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:42 pm
johnwales wrote:

Carlson got a poor decision.
To be wicket keeper and a key batsman and then have the captaincy on top of that is a big ask. However did well when Ingram out of the T20 side.
As I have said, the captaincy could be a lure for the right batsman. Obviously needs to be someone who can do the job but might be able to complement the new Director of Cricket.

The decision against Carlson seemed like an absolute shocker in fairness. Unluckiest club in the league are we.

How will it effect sport, many players in Soccer &[…]

IPL 2019 Live TV Channels List

Star Sports to communicate live inclusion of IPL &[…]

Match Prediction Of IPL 2019 We all know that IPL[…]

ICC World Cup 2019 Live Streaming, Live Cricket Wo[…]