A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By Nick_Glam
Already 32-2.

Particularly slack from Murphy to be caught at point flailing outside off stump.

Disappointing as Leicester's bowlers have been clearly inferior to what Glamorgan have faced in recent weeks.
By Nick_Glam
109-3 at lunch. An even morning.

A good, disciplined innings from Cook and you could see his frustration to be dismissed.

Carlson showing his abilities with some fine shots (and one or two ambitious wafts outside off stump as well).
By JamesH
228-6, Meschede on 39. A much better batting performance today, albeit against a depleted Leics attack. Need well over 250 from here. Carlson played well for his 83.
By glamman
Not much more than a good club attack. I'm not sure that even at my age I couldn't have posed more of a threat than Cosgrove. Nevertheless conditions of assistance to the bowlers and the runs have to be scored.
Pleased to see Carlson scoring runs again. Undoubtedly has talent and just needs to mature. Hopefully the club will find at least one senior batsman with whom he can spend time in the middle.
By Nick_Glam
Yes, very much a second team attack for the most part. Still good to see the likes of Carlson and Meschede scoring runs though.

Lawlor looked all at sea throughout his innings though.
By glamman
Nick_Glam wrote:
Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:06 pm
Yes, very much a second team attack for the most part. Still good to see the likes of Carlson and Meschede scoring runs though.

Lawlor looked all at sea throughout his innings though.
One of the examples of the seemingly muddled thinking of the coaches. Played earlier in the season as a bowler where he was batting around 9 and now coming in at 5. Why the change? Is he primarily a batsman or a bowler?
Meschede still not signed a contract so timely runs for him.
By glamman
New contracts for Jack Murphy, Connor Brown, Kieran Bull and Owen Morgan.

Meschede still to sign and I think Lawlor and Cullen's contracts end this year.

Looking at the Leics team I am not sure they are in any better state than Glamorgan despite their superior position in the table.
By JamesH
Leics are 59-5.

Despite Selman's failings with the bat this year, he's a brilliant slip fielder, probably the best in the club. Today was a regulation catch off Wagg but he's taken some stunners this season.
By Nick_Glam
Leicester clearly have their issues as well, but we are very fortunate to be facing them without either Dexter or Abbas.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the remaining out of contract players. Lawlor and Cullen have looked noticeably out of their depth at times when they've played.
By djronnieb65
Nice to see Glamorgan taking advantage of a very poor Leicester team today
A very good chance of us winning by an innings instead of the other way round
A bit surprised that Morgan has been offered a new contract as he has barely figured at all this season
Meschede has probably got other offers on the table and considering his options
I’m not sure about Cullen as what I’ve seen of him I’m not really impressed
The hope of course that a new Director of Cricket will arrive and carry a big axe and get rid of Watkin, Shaw ,Harrison and maybe put Croft in charge of the academy youngsters
He will then have the job of weeding out the playing staff and employ a new head coach and some assistants
If something like this does not happen then I’m afraid we will have more of the same next season
No need to waste ten grand on a outside review
By glamman
djronnieb65 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:56 pm
Nice to see Glamorgan taking advantage of a very poor Leicester team today
A very good chance of us winning by an innings instead of the other way round
A bit surprised that Morgan has been offered a new contract as he has barely figured at all this season
Meschede has probably got other offers on the table and considering his options
I’m not sure about Cullen as what I’ve seen of him I’m not really impressed
The hope of course that a new Director of Cricket will arrive and carry a big axe and get rid of Watkin, Shaw ,Harrison and maybe put Croft in charge of the academy youngsters
He will then have the job of weeding out the playing staff and employ a new head coach and some assistants
If something like this does not happen then I’m afraid we will have more of the same next season
No need to waste ten grand on a outside review
You can't get rid of everyone.

I've just come across this - which might interest […]

CC v Sussex

Another good start with Sussex at 68-6, but... wh[…]

Derbyshire

Not sure how we can rest both De Lange and TvdG. T[…]

Sussex

Tuesday game on Sky TV !!!!