A forum for Glamorgan CCC fans
By djronnieb65
Jim Allenby was with Burslam cricket club last season as coach and player
Very well respected up there by the club
Everything he said in that article is the same as I have said all season
Whether Glamorgan will listen I don’t know but they should realise that by signing a couple of kolpak players will not really change the fortunes of the club
I hope that someone from this board will have attend the members forum tomorrow and let us know what is said
By lonwel93
Reading between the lines (not an easy task) he certainly seems to saying he's interested as potential Director of Cricket.

Talking of which, unchanged 12 for the season climax. Shame that different players did not get the chance to shine.

Never mind, roll on 2019 season...
By glamman
lonwel93 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:53 pm
Reading between the lines (not an easy task) he certainly seems to saying he's interested as potential Director of Cricket.

Talking of which, unchanged 12 for the season climax. Shame that different players did not get the chance to shine.

Never mind, roll on 2019 season...
The problem is that there isn't really anyone else. The make up of the squad is one of the big problems.
By lonwel93
True but there must be players "bubbling under" who might wonder how they get a game in such circumstances. Disadvantage that the 2nd XI season has finished with not too much fanfare.

Maybe they need to have a more structured season e.g. Jones not opening in one game, number 4 the next and 8 after that. Also need more 4 day games so the young ones can learn to build an innings. One captain as well not seemingly randomly chosen.
By glamman
lonwel93 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:52 pm
True but there must be players "bubbling under" who might wonder how they get a game in such circumstances. Disadvantage that the 2nd XI season has finished with not too much fanfare.

Maybe they need to have a more structured season e.g. Jones not opening in one game, number 4 the next and 8 after that. Also need more 4 day games so the young ones can learn to build an innings. One captain as well not seemingly randomly chosen.
I think everyone in the squad has played this season.
By glamman
lonwel93 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:02 pm
Meant the 2nd XI. Sorry for any confusion.
I don't think there are any other realistic options.
By lonwel93
Callum Taylor??

How about any of the WMC squad?

Asking because I don't know!
By glamman
lonwel93 wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:40 pm
Callum Taylor??

How about any of the WMC squad?

Asking because I don't know!
Unfortunately no one I know of crying out to be selected in front of the current squad.
Monty

Anyone know anything about this? Nothing as yet on[…]